Aleida Mielke is a shareholder in the firm's Ft. Lauderdale office. She specializes in the defense of complex medical malpractice, dental malpractice, professional negligence, pharmaceutical product liability, appellate, maritime and premises liability cases.
Over the course of her 22-year career, Ms. Mielke has handled a wide range of maritime matters, bringing to bear the full value of her decades-long experience in medical malpractice to her maritime and admiralty practice. Ms. Mielke has handled passenger and crew claims including complex Jones Act claims involving medical care and treatment, maintenance and cure and claims against concessionaires. She has successfully handled cases through trial in federal court.
Ms. Mielke serves as the office's litigation and trial support partner, analyzing, authoring and arguing dispositive motions, motions in limine, and post trial motions, and assisting with jury instructions, verdict forms and trial support. She also serves as the office's appellate partner, handling and arguing appeals before Florida's Third and Fourth District Courts of Appeal and the United States Court of Appeal for the Eleventh Circuit. Since her admission to the bar in 1996, she has focused her practice on the defense of hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, physicians, dentists and other professionals in state and federal courts and in administrative proceedings.
Ms. Mielke is "AV" rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest distinction afforded by this leading legal publication. She is admitted to the Florida Bar and the U.S. District Court for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida. She is bilingual in Spanish and fluent in American Sign Language.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent®
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Defense Research Institute
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- Florida Medical Malpractice Claims Council, Inc.
Successfully defended a maritime client against a former employee seeking $6 million in compensatory damages and $15 million in punitive damages in U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida.
- Admiralty & Maritime Litigation
- Equine Law
- Lawyer Liability
- Medical & Dental Malpractice
- Medical Negligence & Healthcare Liability Litigation
- Nursing Homes, Long-Term Care & Assisted Living Facilities Liability
- Pharmaceutical & Medical Device Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
University of Miami, J.D., 1996
University of Florida, B.S.,1993
- Florida, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2019
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit, 2020
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 2018
- American Sign Language