Tasos Foukas is a trial attorney with experience representing companies and individuals in all phases of litigation and employment disputes. As a former law clerk to a U.S. Magistrate Judge and three state court judges, Mr. Foukas has unique insight into why judges make their decisions and how to get them on his client’s side.
Mr. Foukas has successfully defended Fortune 500 companies, non-profits and individuals in a variety of cases, including product liability, breach of warranty, civil rights, toxic tort, transportation, and class action matters. He has taken a leadership role in representing the firm’s clients including developing litigation strategy, drafting pleadings and motions, taking and defending depositions and participating in all aspects of trial in both state and federal court.
Mr. Foukas also dedicates his time to pro bono matters, including representing a criminal defendant on appeal to the Seventh Circuit as well as counseling low-income individuals through the Cook County Municipal Court Pro Bono Program. Mr. Foukas is a member of the Chicago Bar Association and an active member of the Hellenic Bar Association of Illinois’ Judicial Evaluation Committee.
- Selected for inclusion in the Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars list (no more than 2.5% of lawyers in the state under the age of 40 are selected), nominated and selected by peers in the legal community (2016-2017)
- Named an Emerging Lawyer by Leading Lawyers (The distinction of being named an “Emerging Lawyer” is reserved for the top 2% of Illinois lawyers who are 40 years old or younger and have been identified by their peers as proving themselves to be professional, ethical and experienced at an early point in their legal career.) (2015-2017)
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Chicago Bar Association
- Hellenic Bar Association
- Won a defense verdict following a state court jury trial on behalf of a Fortune 500 company in a breach of warranty case.
- Obtained a favorable jury verdict on behalf of three individual police officers in a federal false arrest trial, leading to a favorable settlement prior to appeal.
- Won summary judgment on behalf of a motor home and travel trailer manufacturer in a federal breach of warranty and consumer fraud lawsuit.
- Won dismissal of a personal injury claim against a truck driver after successfully vacating a nearly 2-year old judgment.
- Won dismissal and obtained no probable cause finding on behalf of a not-for-profit company in an employment discrimination claim filed in the Illinois Department of Human Rights.
- Secured dismissal in over 50 asbestos cases, without any settlements or adverse ruling, in Madison County, Illinois after developing and implementing the defense strategy for an insulation contracting company.
- Drafted successful motion for summary judgment on behalf of a manufacturer in Cook County, Illinois asbestos litigation.
- Obtained dismissal of all claims and imposition of sanctions against Plaintiff’s counsel on behalf a small business owner in a breach of contract, conspiracy and fraud case.
- Obtained dismissal of a wrongful death product liability case on behalf of a furnace manufacturer in St. Louis County, Missouri.
- Secured dismissal of all claims on behalf of a county board of education in a civil rights and RICO case.
- Drafted appellate court briefs and argued before the Illinois Appellate Court- First District on behalf of commercial borrowers in a putative class action based on alleged improper mortgage contracts.
- Segal McCambridge Attorneys Adam Jagadich and Anastasios Foukas Prevail on Motion to Dismiss in "Secondary" Exposure Case3.15.16
- Segal McCambridge Recognizes Chicago Shareholder Paul E. Wojcicki as General Editor of the LexisNexis Illinois Personal Injury Litigation Practice Guide, 2015 Edition1.19.16
Articles & Publications
- DRI: The Critical Path, 4.14.17
"LexisNexis Practice Guide: Illinois Personal Injury Litigation" (2015 Edition).
"LexisNexis Practice Guide: Illinois Personal Injury Litigation" (2014 Edition).
University of Illinois College of Law, J.D. (2003)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.S., News-editorial Journalism (2000)
- Illinois, 2004
- Missouri, 2004
- Nevada, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, 2009