Andrew J. Wells is an associate attorney in the firm's New York office focusing his practice on product liability, business litigation and sports, recreation and entertainment. He has experience managing all phases of federal and state court litigation, including drafting procedural, discovery, and dispositive briefs, pleadings and memoranda, and arguing both dispositive motions and appeals.
Prior to joining Segal McCambridge, Mr. Wells worked in the New York office of an international law firm representing lenders, servicers, RMBS trusts and Government-Sponsored Enterprises in cases challenging the enforceability of securitized debt obligations and collateral documents. He has additional experience in commercial litigation, class action defense and appellate practice. With an extensive number of cases under his belt, Mr. Wells has immense knowledge of the procedures and practices of the New York state and federal courts. He is admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of New York and has litigated cases in each.
In addition to his legal career, Mr. Wells spent over 20 years in the U.S. Army Reserve, where he served in Germany, Bosnia-Herzegovina, and on two tours in Iraq as a Civil Affairs specialist. He received the Defense Meritorious Service Medal for his service in Iraq, and he was also awarded a Meritorious Service Medal, three Army Commendation Medals, a Combat Action Badge, and a Parachutist Badge.
Mr. Wells received his Juris Doctor from the University at Buffalo Law School, graduating cum laude. While in law school, he was an associate editor of the Buffalo Law Review and a member of the Jessup International Moot Court Board. Mr. Wells also holds a Bachelor of Arts in political science from Niagara University, where he graduated summa cum laude.
- Selected for inclusion in the New York Metro Super Lawyers Rising Stars list (no more than 2.5% of lawyers in the state under the age of 40 are selected), nominated and selected by peers in the legal community, 2015-2016
Professional & Civic Involvement
- New York State Bar Association, Committee on Veterans
University at Buffalo Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2006
Niagara University, B.A., Political Science, summa cum laude, 2002
- New York, 2008
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia