Ashley Benoist is an associate attorney focusing her practice in the litigation of toxic tort and complex commercial matters. Prior to joining Segal McCambridge, Ms. Benoist was a legislative attorney for the Missouri House of Representatives, where she advised House members on issues related to taxation, tax increment financing, unemployment compensation, advancing STEM education and law enforcement. She also served as the executive director of the Columbia Fraternal Order of Police, and interned with the Missouri Public Service Commission. From these positions, she gained experience in litigation, trial preparation, court filings and expert witness preparation.
Ms. Benoist holds a J.D. from the University of Missouri School of Law. There, she earned the Roscoe Anderson Award for Advancement of Trial Advocacy and a CALI Award for Prosecution Clinical Skills, and was on the 1st Place Team for the Missouri Attorney General's Mock Trial Cup in 2011. She also served as charity auction coordinator for the Women's Law Association, raising more than $10,000 for local charities. Ms. Benoist lives in St. Louis with her husband and their two daughters.
- Roscoe Anderson Award for Advancement of Trial Advocacy
- CALI Award for Excellence for Prosecution Clinical Skills
- 1st Place Team, Missouri Attorney General's Mock Trial Cup
- Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Recipient
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Hispanic Law Student Association, 2009-2012
- Student Animal Legal Defense Fund
- Power-of-Attorney Clinic
University of Missouri School of Law, J.D. (2012)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.A. in political science (2009)
- Illinois, 2016
- Missouri, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, 2015