Benjamin J. Nellans is an associate attorney focusing his practice on toxic tort, complex commercial litigation and employment litigation. He is experienced in all stages of the litigation process, including attending hearings, motion practice, settlement negotiations, and discovery. Prior to joining Segal McCambridge, he worked as an attorney at a commercial litigation firm in Chicago. He has also served as a licensed legal intern in the Lake County State's Attorney's Office and as a legal intern at The Center for Economic Progress.
Mr. Nellans earned his J.D. from the Indiana University Maurer School of Law, where he graduated cum laude in the top 15% of his class. He was an executive board member for the Indiana Journal of Law and Social Equality and earned CALI Awards for Excellence in Criminal Procedure and Administrative Law. Mr. Nellans also holds a bachelor's degree in political science with departmental honors from Indiana University, where he earned Dean's List honors. He is licensed to practice in Illinois.
- Octofinalist, Sherman Minton Moot Court Competition (Oral Advocacy Honors)
- CALI Award for Excellence, Criminal Procedure
- CALI Award for Excellence, Administrative Law
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Chicago Bar Association
- Board of Directors Member, Logan Square Boys and Girls Club
Articles & Publications
- You Thought You Were Covered - The New Wave of Civil Claims Against Illinois Employers For Latent Workplace InjuriesThe American Bar Association Toxic Torts and Environmental Law Summer Newsletter, Summer 2019
Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2015
Indiana University, B.A., Political Science, Departmental Honors and B.A., English, Concentration in Creative Writing, 2012
- Illinois, 2015