Chester F. Darlington is an of counsel attorney focusing his practice on insurance coverage, bad faith litigation, products liability and asbestos defense. He has successfully defended clients in the Philadelphia area for nearly two decades, providing numerous insurance coverage opinions and insurance coverage litigation regarding CGL, errors and omissions, automobile, professional liability and toxic tort claims. He is admitted to practice in the state of Pennsylvania as well as the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania.
Before joining Segal McCambridge, Mr. Darlington served as Of Counsel at a nationwide firm representing a variety of insurance carriers and self-insured clients. He specifically concentrated his practice on bad faith cases involving UM/UIM claims, CGL claims and property claims. Mr. Darlington has experience in various stages of litigation and has conducted arbitrations, depositions and hearings.
Mr. Darlington received his Juris Doctor from the University of Akron School of Law in Akron, Ohio. Before attending law school, he attended Juniata College in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania where he received a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with a minor in History. As an undergrad, Mr. Darlington was a three time Varsity letter football player and served as an academic tutor.
Outside of the legal arena, Mr. Darlington is an Eagle Scout, Assistant Scoutmaster for Lionville Troop 220 and enjoys youth sports and spending time with his family.
- National Grange Mut. Ins. Co. v. Sharp Equip. Co., 52 Fed. R.Serv. 3d (3rd Cir. 2002)
- Sweeney v. Safeco Ins. Co., Pa. D&C LEXIS 338 (Montgomery Co. CCP 2005)
- Canal Ins. Co. v. Paul Cox Trucking, 2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 71307 (M.D. Pa. 2006)
- Hebrew School Condo. Assn. v. Republic-Franklin Ins. Co., 2005 Phila. Ct. Com. Pl. LEXIS 609 (2005)
- Schaeffer v. Allianz Life Ins. Co. of N. Am., 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 44939 (E.D. Pa. 2008)
- Peerless Ins. Co. v. Brooks Systems Co., 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 25833 (E.D. Pa. 2008)
- Hook v. Progressive Cas. Ins. Co., 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 68985 (M.D. Pa. 2008)
- Kakule v. Progressive Cas. Ins. Co., 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 35178 (E.D. Pa. 2008)
- Northland Ins. Co. v. Straineri, 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 60158 (M.D. Pa. 2008)
- Universal Concrete Prods. Corp. v. Peerless Ins. Co., 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 66658 (D. Md. 2008)
Revisionist History: The Assault on Pennsylvania's Bad Faith Statute by Asserting Common Law Bad Faith in First Party and UM/UIM Claims, Counterpoint (Pennsylvania Defense Institute), January 2010
There Is No Bad Faith Because A Third Party Claimant Says So: Why an Expressed Willingness to Settle Is Required in Common Law Bad Faith, Counterpoint (Pennsylvania Defense Institute), August 2012
Does Bad Faith Abhor a Contractual Vacuum?, Counterpoint (Pennsylvania Defense Institute), April 2015