Chris Ryba came to the practice of law with nine years of business experience. As vice president of marketing for a global technology company, he developed consumer brands and products for placement in Western-Europe, Asian, and North American markets. He has extensive experience negotiating domestic and international supply contracts and distribution agreements, and has consulted for numerous manufacturers and distributors nationwide.
Mr. Ryba devotes his law practice to representing corporations and insurers in complex litigation throughout the United States. He concentrates his practice to the areas of life sciences litigation, including the defense of pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers.
- Awarded best regional orator, Philip C. Jessup international moot court competition (Loyola University).
- Awarded Leadership and Service Award (Loyola University).
Professional & Civic Involvement
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Achieved summary judgment in favor of vascular access port and catheter manufacturer, in separate actions pending in the Southern District of Texas and in Massachusetts state court.
- Succeeded in barring plaintiff’s regulatory expert from testifying at trial of consolidated pain pump litigation brought in the U.S. District Court of Arizona.
- Achieved summary judgment for ambulation assistance device manufacturer in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois.
- Achieved summary judgment in favor of cellulose insulation manufacturer in construction defect litigation.
- Successfully tried and obtained guilty verdict in fraud and embezzlement action brought against member/manager of Illinois LLC by remaining LLC members.
- Successfully tried to defense verdict product liability action brought against construction equipment manufacturer in the Circuit Court of DuPage County, Illinois.
"LexisNexis Practice Guide: Illinois Personal Injury Litigation" (2014 Edition).
Loyola University, J.D., studied EU commercial law and compliance at Hertford College, Oxford University (2007)
DePaul University, B.A., U.S. Constitutional History (1997)
- Illinois, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ilinois, Trial Bar, 2008