Chris Ryba is a seasoned trial lawyer and litigator with extensive experience defending products liability, personal injury, commercial and employment-related matters. Over the course of his legal career, Chris has obtained favorable defense results for employers, service providers, manufacturers and distributors in a variety of industries and capacities. He also has extensive experience in the coordination of nationwide mass-tort pattern litigation. Chris came to the practice of law with nine years of significant business experience, which instilled a particular sensitivity to “the bottom line."
Chris’ approach to litigation is driven by concern for his client’s interests. His client-centric, rather than “gladiator,” approach promotes the most effective and cost-efficient defense possible and has enabled the successful defense of individual lawsuits and more complex nationwide mass-tort litigation.
- Awarded best regional orator, Philip C. Jessup international moot court competition (Loyola University).
- Awarded Leadership and Service Award (Loyola University).
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Judge/Evaluator for Phillip C. Jessup Moot Court Competition, co-sponsored by The American Bar Association and Loyola University School of Law
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of America
- Summary judgment of first-party bad faith action against insurer under Illinois insurance code in Cook County, Illinois.
- Helped obtain triple defense verdict in high-profile infusion device product liability action in the U.S. District Court of Oregon.
- Secured “nuisance value” settlement in commercial litigation involving the nationwide outbreak of listeria monocytogenes in the U.S. District Court of Wisconsin.
- Involuntary dismissal of medical device manufacturer in wrongful death action pending in Kentucky State Court.
- Defense verdict for construction equipment manufacturer in product liability action in DuPage County, Illinois.
- Plaintiff’s verdict in derivative action involving shareholder fraud and embezzlement in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
"LexisNexis Practice Guide: Illinois Personal Injury Litigation" (2014 Edition).
Loyola University, J.D., studied EU commercial law and compliance at Hertford College, Oxford University (2007)
DePaul University, B.A., U.S. Constitutional History (1997)
- Illinois, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ilinois, Trial Bar, 2008