Mr. McGowan defends clients involved in products liability matters arising from exposure to toxic substances including asbestos, benzene, silica, mold, and other environmental hazards. Mr. McGowan has served as lead trial attorney on cases and is experienced with all aspects of the litigation process. In addition to his extensive toxic tort/environmental practice, Mr. McGowan also counsels clients in construction, tort claims immunity, and general liability matters.
Mr. McGowan donates his time to all types of pro bono matters and regularly represents homeowners facing foreclosure in the Philadelphia area. Mr. McGowan has represented clients in numerous mediations, and is a mediator in the Chester County, Pennsylvania mediation program.
- Selected for inclusion in the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star list (no more than 2.5% of lawyers in the state under the age of 40 are selected), nominated and selected by peers in the legal community (2008)
Professional & Civic Involvement
- French and Pickering Creeks Conservation Trust, Board of Directors
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Delaware State Bar Association
Temple University School of Law, J.D. (2001)
Widener University, B.A., Psychology (1997)
- Pennsylvania, 2002
New York, 2008
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2002
U.S. District Court, District of Delaware, 2010