Dale Dobuler is a shareholder in the firm's Ft. Lauderdale office. A former non-profit executive director and upper-level administrator in state government, he concentrates his trial and litigation practice in the area of complex insurance coverage litigation and bad faith. Within that broad ambit, he has handled a wide array of legal matters including first-party commercial and residential property disputes, product liability matters, professional negligence cases, healthcare litigation, complex class action and MDL work, subrogation claims and a variety of general liability matters.
Mr. Dobuler received his undergraduate degree from Lynn University, summa cum laude, in Boca Raton, Florida, and his Juris Doctor, magna cum laude and Order of the Coif, from the University of Miami School of Law, attending as a Miami Scholar awardee. At UM he served on the executive board of the University of Miami Law Review, was a Dean's Fellow, co-chaired the UM Law Public Interest Leadership Board and held several additional leadership positions. Mr. Dobuler was inducted into the Society of Bar and Gavel, the highest honor awarded at the law school.
While at UM Law, Mr. Dobuler worked as a Certified Legal Intern for the office of the Miami-Dade Public Defender and for the Children and Youth Law Clinic representing foster care youth in the dependency system, as well as interning for the Honorable Ursula M. Ungaro, United States District Judge, Southern District of Florida.
In 2013, Mr. Dobuler was appointed to a state-wide panel by Florida’s Insurance Consumer Advocate tasked with developing a Homeowners' Policy & Claims Bill of Rights and associated legislation designed to improve the experiences of Florida insureds, now enacted into law.
He is a member of the Defense Research Institute, the Broward County Bar Association, the American Inns of Court, serves as a board member for PACE Miami, a non-profit alternative school for at-risk girls, and is on the Board of Governors of FAIR (the Federal Association for Insurance Reform), a non-partisan organization designed to improve Florida's insurance market.
He is admitted to practice in Florida state courts and U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern and Middle Districts of Florida as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and has successfully tried cases to jury verdict in both state and federal court and has successfully argued federal appellate matters.
- Named to Florida Trend's Florida Legal Elite, 2021
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Defense Research Institute
- Broward County Bar Association
- American Inns of Court
- PACE Miami, board member
- Federal Association for Insurance Reform (FAIR), Board Governor
- The Impossible Burden—Allocating Insurance Coverage Between Covered and Uncovered Claims in Settlement, Florida Justice Association Journal, April 2013
- Skin in the Game: Clarifying Good Faith in the Negotiation of Consent Judgments May Help Carriers, Covered Events, Defense Research Institute, Issue 4, May 2017
University of Miami, J.D., magna cum laude, 2011
Lynn University, B.S., summa cum laude, 2007
- Florida, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 2018
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida, 2020