C Daniel DiLizia is an associate attorney in the firm's Austin office. Mr. DiLizia focuses his practice on general litigation matters with an emphasis in insurance defense and bad faith litigation. He is experienced in the various stages of litigation and has successfully represented and defended clients in jury trials, bench trials, arbitration and mediation. Mr. DiLizia also has extensive experience drafting and arguing procedural and dispositive motions, conducting depositions, and preparing matters for trial.
Before joining Segal McCambridge, Mr. DiLizia worked for a prominent insurance company where he represented clients in insurance defense and personal injury litigation. Mr. DiLizia also served as an assistant attorney general for the State of Texas in the Law Enforcement Defense Division, primarily representing state agencies in complex constitutional litigation in both state and federal court.
Mr. DiLizia received his Juris Doctor from the University of Tulsa College of Law. While in law school, Mr. DiLizia served as the Production Editor of the Tulsa Law Review, Membership Chair of the Sports and Entertainment Law Society, and was a member of the Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity. Mr. DiLizia holds a Bachelor of Science in Management and Entrepreneurship from Arizona State University.
Mr. DiLizia is a member of the Robert Calvert Inn of Court and Austin Young Lawyers Association. He was a member of the 2018 Austin Bar Association / Austin Young Lawyers Association Leadership Academy.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Robert Calvert Inn of Court, Associate Member
- Austin Bar Association / Austin Young Lawyers Association Leadership Academy Member (2018 Class)
- Austin Young Lawyers Association, Member (May 2016-Present)
University of Tulsa College of Law, J.D. (2014)
Arizona State University, B.S., Management and Entrepreneurship (2011)
- Arizona, 2014
- Texas, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2017