Dinesh U. Dadlani is a trial attorney focusing his practice on the defense of corporations, construction companies and a bi-state municipal agency, in personal injury and commercial litigation matters. He is experienced in all stages of litigation, from inception through trial and appellate levels, representing clients in personal injury, premises liability, product liability, construction accident, construction defect cases, and property damage cases.
Additionally, Mr. Dadlani represents various manufacturers and distributors in products liability and toxic tort lawsuits, including the defense of manufacturers and distributors in asbestos litigation and the defense of property owners and contractors in property contamination cases. He also consults and represents clients in labor and employment matters. Mr. Dadlani has substantial courtroom experience, and has successfully argued and written briefs in the appellate divisions of both the New York and New Jersey courts. He is regularly called upon to argue motions, conduct depositions, including the representation of clients at depositions, perform all aspects of discovery, and oversee settlement negotiations. Mr. Dadlani has obtained favorable results representing clients at arbitrations, mediations, and administrative hearings.
Prior to joining Segal McCambridge in 2008, Mr. Dadlani represented automobile and truck manufacturers in product liability cases and municipalities in personal injury and employment matters. His prior experience also includes representing private clients in labor and employment matters, real estate transactions, and contractual matters.
Mr. Dadlani is active in the Jersey City professional community, and is a member of the Hudson County Bar Association, where he serves on the Hudson County Civil Practice Committee. He is also a member of the Segal McCambridge Diversity Committee.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- New Jersey Bar Association
- District VI (Hudson County) Ethics Committee
- Hudson County Civil Practice Committee
- Served as Local Counsel for generic pharmaceutical manufacturer in a nationwide litigation involving Reglan©/metoclopramide.
- Obtained a directed verdict on behalf of a client, a defendant railroad company, at trial in a lawsuit wherein the plaintiff alleged damages from injuries he suffered when he was struck by a train and survived. The directed verdict was set up after successfully moving to bar the plaintiff's expert, who was prepared to testify about railroad operations and braking mechanics of trains, on the basis that the expert's opinion was a "net opinion."
- Won jury verdict for defense in New Jersey wrongful death case alleging disease caused to 30-year cigarette smoker by workplace exposure to asbestos and diesel exhaust fumes.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a manufacturer of a school bus in a claim brought by the driver of the bus, alleging personal injuries from exposure to fumes.
- Successfully co-authored the appellate brief in a matter where he was a member of the trial team that was granted a directed verdict in favor of its client where plaintiff alleged he was struck by a train.
- Successfully co-authored the brief and argued at the First Department of the New York Appellate Division that the lower court properly denied the plaintiff’s motion for summary judgment motion in a NY Labor Law case brought under the scaffolding law in which Plaintiff alleged he was injured as a result of a fall from a ladder.
- Member of a trial team that won a unanimous verdict defending a railroad company in a multi-million dollar claim brought by a plaintiff alleging he was diagnosed with multiple myeloma, a rare form of cancer, as a result of his exposures to diesel exhaust, benzene, and other chemicals and solvents over his thirty-year career at the company.
- Member of the trial team that succeeded in lowering the award in a New York Labor Law damages-only jury trial by 95 percent, from $6.8 million during closing arguments, down to $310,000 as a total recovery
- Trial Victory in New Jersey: Segal McCambridge Achieves Unanimous Jury Verdict for Client in Multi-Million Dollar Toxic Exposure Case2.7.13
- New Jersey Shareholder Dinesh Dadlani Speaking at Perrin Conferences National Construction Defect ConferenceFort Lauderdale, FL, 11.16.18
"Litigating Slip, Trip and Fall Cases in New Jersey," National Business Institute, Newark, New Jersey (August 27, 2014).
PUBLISHED APPELLATE DECISIONS
Ellerbe v. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, et al., 91 A.D.3d 441. 936 N.Y.S.2d 39 (First Dept. 2012)
Widener University School of Law, J.D. (1999)
University of Delaware, B.A., Political Science (1996)
- New Jersey, 1999
- Pennsylvania, 1999
- New York, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York