Elangie Lozada is an associate attorney at Segal McCambridge’s Chicago office concentrating her work on general litigation and the defense of toxic tort claims. Ms. Lozada has experience in all stages of litigation. Prior to joining Segal McCambridge as an associate Ms. Lozada worked for the firm through the Student Associate Program.
Ms. Lozada was an active member of the Moot Court Honor Society and Trial Advocacy teams at Chicago-Kent. While in law school Ms. Lozada worked as a law clerk at other Chicago law firms gaining experience in both civil and criminal law at both the state and federal level. She also gained legal experience working as an intern for the Honorable Raul Vega of the Circuit Court of Cook County, Chicago.
Ms. Lozada has an affinity for travel having studied abroad from January through May 2009 where she attended Idea Verona in Verona, Italy. She is fluent in both Spanish and Italian and has acted as a translator in her legal work.
- CALI Award for Legal Excellence, Trial Advocacy I (2014)
- CALI Award for Legal Excellence, Trial Advocacy II (2015)
- Dean’s Honors List
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
American Bar Association Trust and Estates Litigation, Student Web Editor, Chicago, IL
• "Negligence for Failing to Properly Search for Original Will," June 29, 2014
• "Trust Beneficiary Had No Absolute Right to Appoint Corporate Trustee," July 7, 2014
• "Statute of Limitations Begins When Plaintiff Is Injured in Kalec v. Sumner," May 19, 2014
- Judicial Intern for the Honorable Raul Vega, Circuit Court of Cook County, (September 2013-December 2013)
University of Illinois, Urbana/Champaign, B.A. in Communication Studies (December 2010)
Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., (May 2015)
- Illinois, 2015
- Ms. Lozada is fluent in Spanish and Italian.