Mr. Gleber is a Shareholder in the firm's New York office and serves as Co-Chair of the firm's Asbestos Practice Group. Mr. Gleber’s practice is concentrated in products liability, toxic tort, environmental, pharmaceutical and commercial litigation. He currently acts as National Coordinating and Trial Counsel for several fortune 500 companies in asbestos litigation.
He has tried cases in Illinois, New York, Minnesota, and Ohio. He has drafted and argued successful dispositive motions in asbestos cases in California, Minnesota, New York, Tennessee, and Washington. Mr. Gleber also has experience in the areas of white collar criminal law and bankruptcy law.
Mr. Gleber has conducted numerous seminars on various aspects of asbestos and pharmaceutical products liability litigation. He has also presented extensively at conferences on issues related to asbestos bankruptcy and manufacturers’ duty to warn. In 2011, he was listed by the Rand Institute for Civil Justice’s publication “Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts and Tort Compensation” as a legal expert on asbestos issues in New York. Mr. Gleber specializes in preparing corporate and expert witnesses for deposition and trial testimony and has conducted intensive training programs for asbestos witnesses.
Mr. Gleber has drafted and argued several appeals in New York State, including one of two prevailing briefs submitted on behalf of all defendants in the New York City asbestos litigation in In re New York City Asbestos Litigation, 6 A.D.3d 352, 775 N.Y.S.2d 520 (N.Y.A.D. 1 Dept. Apr 29, 2004) in which the appellate court upheld apportionment of liability to bankrupt non-parties pursuant to CPLR 1601, New York’s verdict molding statute.
Mr. Gleber received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Columbia College in 1991, and his Juris Doctorate degree from Fordham University Law School in 1995. He is a member of the New York Bar, as well as the United States District Court for the Eastern, Western, Northern, and Southern Districts of New York.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- New York City Bar Association
- Defense verdict in asbestos-related matter tried in Ramsay County, Minnesota (February, 2009). Plaintiff received a damages award of $5 Million, but all liability attributed to non-parties.
- Drafted prevailing brief in bankruptcy litigation before the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the Northern District of Illinois in which Fortune 500 creditor sought a declaratory judgment allowing creditor to sue debtor to pursue indemnification from insurance carriers.
Published Appellate Opinions
Drafted one of two prevailing briefs submitted on behalf of all defendants in the New York City asbestos litigation in In re New York City Asbestos Litigation, 6 A.D.3d 352, 775 N.Y.S.2d 520 (N.Y.A.D. 1 Dept. Apr 29, 2004) in which appellate court upheld apportionment of liability to bankrupt non-parties pursuant to CPLR 1601, New York's verdict molding statute.
- Shareholders Howard A. Fried and Erich J. Gleber Win New York’s First Motion for Summary Judgment on the Issue of Causation in a Strict Products Liability Matter1.24.18
- Segal McCambridge Shareholder Timothy Krippner To Chair HB Litigation Conferences' "Emerging Trends in Asbestos Litigation"3.6.09
Panelist, Perrin Conferences Litigating Asbestos Cases in Today's Environment Featuring Insights from the Bench: The Judicial Perspective, "The Intersection of Bankruptcy Trusts and the Tort System," New York, NY (December 6, 2012).
Panelist, HarrisMartin's Delaware Asbestos Litigation Conference, "Fitting into the National Scene," Wilmington, DE (March 10, 2011).
Articles & Publications
"Case Notes: Law Firm's Duty to Investigate Client's Excess Coverage," Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney's New York Advocate, Volume 1, Issue 1 (Spring 2007).
"Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts and Tort Compensation," by Lloyd Dixon and Geoffrey McGovern, RAND Corporation (2011).
Fordham University Law School, J.D. (1995)
Columbia College, B.A. (1991)
- New York, 1996
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 1997
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York, 2011
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 1997
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York, 2011