Geoffrey A. Leskie is a senior associate attorney in the firm's Detroit office focusing his practice on commercial litigation, the defense of professional negligence claims, employment litigation and counseling, food and beverage, and general litigation, including negligence, insurance and trucking/transportation matters. He has extensive experience handling all aspects of civil litigation including legal research, drafting substantive motions, pleadings, and formal documents, counseling clients, and negotiating settlements with opposing counsel.
Prior to joining Segal McCambridge, Mr. Leskie worked as an associate attorney at a boutique litigation firm specializing in business and employment law and severe injury in Ann Arbor, MI. While there, he routinely handled civil litigation matters related to business and contract disputes, employment law, defamation, and probate. He has also worked as an Assistant State Attorney in the state of Florida where he regularly conducted jury trials, handled thousands of misdemeanor cases, and analyzed and investigated new arrests.
Mr. Leskie received his Juris Doctor from Michigan State University College of Law, graduating magna cum laude. He also holds a Master of Science in Pharmacology and Toxicology from Michigan State University, as well as a Bachelor of Science in Biology and a Bachelor of Art in Writing from Grand Valley State University.
- Selected for inclusion in the Michigan Super Lawyers Rising Stars list (no more than 2.5% of lawyers in the state under the age of 40 are selected), nominated and selected by peers in the legal community, 2019-2020
- 2016 MADD Southwest Florida Outstanding Prosecutor
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- H.E.L.P. Program
- State Bar of Michigan, Business Section, Insurance and Indemnity Law Section, Litigation Section, Negligence Law Section
- The Florida Bar, Trial Lawyers Section
“Webinar on Force Majeure, Frustration of Purpose and Impossibility/Impracticability in Commercial Leases,” Segal McCambridge Covid-19 Webinar Series (May 11, 2020). To watch the presentation, please click here.
Articles & Publications
- Legal Issues in Collegiate Athletics, 1.19.21
- Sports Litigation Alert, 12.10.20
- Bloomberg Law, 8.3.20
- The Journal of Insurance & Indemnity Law, 10.1.19
- Michigan Tenant's Successful Use of Frustration of Purpose Doctrine to Avoid Paying Rent to Landlord During the Pandemic5.4.21
- The Application of the Doctrine of Collateral Estoppel to Bar Legal Malpractice Claims Following Allegations of Ineffective Assistance of Counsel10.21.20
- REAL ESTATE CLIENT ALERT: Michigan Court of Appeals Held That Non-Tenants May Not Sue Landlords Under Common Theories of Liability11.12.18
Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2014
Michigan State University, M.S., Pharmacology & Toxicology, 2015
Grand Valley State University, B.S., Biology, B.A., Writing, 2010
- Michigan, 2014
- Florida, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, 2017
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan, 2017