Geoffrey A. Leskie is an associate attorney in the firm's Detroit office focusing his practice on commercial litigation, the defense of professional negligence claims, employment litigation and counseling, and general litigation, including negligence, insurance and trucking/transportation matters. He has extensive experience handling all aspects of civil litigation including legal research, drafting substantive motions, pleadings, and formal documents, counseling clients, and negotiating settlements with opposing counsel.
Prior to joining Segal McCambridge, Mr. Leskie worked as an associate attorney at a boutique litigation firm specializing in business and employment law and severe injury in Ann Arbor, MI. While there, he routinely handled civil litigation matters related to business and contract disputes, employment law, defamation, and probate. He has also worked as an Assistant State Attorney in the state of Florida where he regularly conducted jury trials, handled thousands of misdemeanor cases, and analyzed and investigated new arrests.
Mr. Leskie received his Juris Doctor from Michigan State University College of Law, graduating magna cum laude. He also holds a Master of Science in Pharmacology and Toxicology from Michigan State University, as well as a Bachelor of Science in Biology and a Bachelor of Art in Writing from Grand Valley State University.
- Selected for inclusion in the Michigan Super Lawyers Rising Stars list (no more than 2.5% of lawyers in the state under the age of 40 are selected), nominated and selected by peers in the legal community (2019)
- 2016 MADD Southwest Florida Outstanding Prosecutor
Articles & Publications
- The Journal of Insurance & Indemnity Law, 10.1.19
Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude (2014)
Michigan State University, M.S., Pharmacology & Toxicology (2015)
Grand Valley State University, B.S., Biology, B.A., Writing (2010)
- Michigan, 2014
- Florida, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, 2017
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan, 2017