Heather Snider is a shareholder in the firm’s Chicago office. Ms. Snider is a trial attorney who has focused her practice on defending clients in the areas of product liability, medical malpractice, construction, premises liability, professional liability, transportation and personal injury. Ms. Snider has extensive litigation skills in the defense of general and excess commercial liability policies for commercial businesses and insurance companies throughout the state of Illinois, as well as handling cases across the country.
Ms. Snider has aggressively litigated cases across the country, diving into each case with a focus on the full picture to develop the best defense for the client and the most effective strategy for the case to be presented at trial. Through this process, she identifies the strengths and weaknesses and how they can be effectively attacked and defended throughout the entirety of the case. She supports this aggressive strategy with an intense focus on witness preparation and taking effective depositions, which is truly where cases are decided, and defenses are maintained.
Prior to joining Segal McCambridge, Ms. Snider worked as a partner at a Midwest litigation defense firm where she successfully handled cases from initial pre-suit analysis through trial, assisting on jury trials in medical negligence, personal injury, and construction cases with exposures over $100 million dollars. She started her career out in the legal field working as a paralegal and supporting attorneys representing commercial businesses and insurance companies in asbestos, construction defect and workers compensation. Following law school, she continued her legal career as an associate attorney at a civil litigation defense firm.
Ms. Snider earned her J.D. from Michigan State University, where she was a managing editor of the Michigan State Law Review and participated in the Geoffrey Fieger Trial Practice Institute. She holds a bachelor’s degree in paralegal/political science from Winona State University.
Outside of her work in the legal arena, Ms. Snider is interested in running, barre classes, reading and spending time with her family.
- Selected for inclusion in the Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars list (no more than 2.5% of lawyers in the state under the age of 40 are selected), nominated and selected by peers in the legal community, 2020-2021
- Named an Emerging Lawyer by Leading Lawyers (The distinction of being named an “Emerging Lawyer” is reserved for the top 2% of Illinois lawyers who are 40 years old or younger and have been identified by their peers as proving themselves to be professional, ethical and experienced at an early point in their legal career.), 2021
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Alliance for Women Committee, Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- Chicago Bar Association's Judicial Evaluation Committee, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Professional Liability Underwriters Society (PLUS)
- Women's Bar Association of Illinois, Member
- Secured a favorable verdict in a nursing home wrongful death jury trial in Cook County.
- Obtained summary judgment for a premise's defendant following completion of written discovery.
- Successfully handled numerous pre-suit matters reaching favorable settlements prior to the initiation of formal litigation.
Articles & Publications
- CSI - Courtroom Sciences Inc., 3.2.21
- Law360, 12.17.20
Michigan State University, J.D., 2012
Winona State University, B.S., Paralegal/Political Science, 2006
- Illinois, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2020