Mr. Fried is a shareholder in the New York office of Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney and serves as Co-Chair of the firm's Product Liability Practice Group. Mr. Fried is AV-Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and a substantial portion of his practice involves the representation of manufacturers and distributors in product liability and catastrophic tort lawsuits. Mr. Fried has extensive experience defending vehicular product liability claims involving restraint systems (seatbelts and airbags), fuel systems, suspension/steering systems, throttle control/unintended acceleration, and vehicle handling, stability, rollover and crashworthiness for automotive, truck, motorcycle and off-road/recreational vehicles, and personal watercraft. In addition, Mr. Fried litigates claims involving industrial equipment, consumer products, and medical devices. His practice areas integrate medical and biomechanical sciences with principles of engineering. In addition, Mr. Fried has represented a firearm manufacturer in litigation concerning negligent marketing and products liability.
Besides his product liability practice, Mr. Fried litigates a full array of general liability matters, including vehicular negligence, premises liability, construction/workplace accidents, as well as claims involving subrogation, alleged breach of warranty/Lemon Law violations; consumer finance; Fair Credit Reporting, debt collection practices; deceptive trade practices, and other commercial matters.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2015
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated
- Selected for inclusion in the New York Super Lawyers list (no more than 5% of lawyers in the state are selected), nominated and selected by peers in the legal community (2006-2012, 2014-2016)
- Recognized by his peers as being among "The Best Lawyers in America" (2010-2012)
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Product Liability Advisory Council
- Defense Research Institute
- New York State Bar Association
- Current Member of New York City Community Board 8
- Past President of The Jamaica Estates Association (a local civic association)
- Segal McCambridge Achieves Motion for Summary Judgment and Dismissal in Multi-Million Dollar Odometer Fraud Class Action Case11.26.12
Articles & Publications
"Case Notes: Fast and Loose Service of Process and the Grave Impact of Failure to Comply," Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney's New York Advocate, Volume 1, Issue 1(Spring 2007).
Touro College School of Law, J.D. (1983)
State University of New York at Albany, B.A. (1980)
- New York State, 1984
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 1985
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York, 1994
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 1985
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York, 1995