Ilana Hanau is of counsel in the firm’s New York office. Focusing her practice on all areas of professional liability, miscellaneous professional liability, E&O, A&E, D&O, coverage, cyber risks, general liability, first-party property and construction, Ms. Hanau has extensive experience in the insurance defense realm.
Prior to joining Segal McCambridge, Ms. Hanau worked as senior managing partner for the New York and New Jersey offices of a litigation insurance defense firm where her practice focused on professional liability, D&O, E&O and more. She also served as a claims manager for a boutique property and casualty insurance agency, as a vice president and claims advocate for a global insurance organization located in approximately 80 countries and jurisdictions, as well as a claims professional for several insurance companies.
Ms. Hanau earned her J.D. from American University Washington College of Law. She holds a bachelor’s degree in English and Legal Studies from Brandeis University. In 2007, Ms. Hanau completed the Certified Structured Settlement Consultant (CSSC) program at the University of Notre Dame and co-chaired the Legal and Political Action Committees for the National Structured Settlement Trade Association for several years.
Outside of her work in the legal arena, Ms. Hanau enjoys live music, great food, travel, her Peloton and her dog Raider.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Brooklyn Bar Association
- Brooklyn Women's Bar Association
- Claims Litigation Management Association (CLM)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- New York City Association of Insurance Women
- New York Women's Bar Association
- UJA General Insurance Dinner Committee
American University Washington College of Law, J.D., 1989
Brandeis University, B.A., English and Legal Studies, 1985
University of Notre Dame, CSSC, NSSTA, 2007
- New York, 1990
- New Jersey, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 2019
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 1990
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, 1990