Ivan Settimba is an associate attorney focusing his practice on toxic torts and complex commercial litigation. He has extensive experience in all stages of litigation, including responding to discovery, drafting motions, conducting depositions, and preparing witnesses. Prior to joining Segal McCambridge, Mr. Settimba worked as an associate attorney at an employment law firm in Chicago. He also served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Virginia M. Kendall of the Northern District of Illinois and the Honorable Nathaniel R. Howse, Jr. of the Illinois Appellate Court, First District.
Mr. Settimba earned his J.D. at Loyola University Chicago School of Law, where he earned dean's list honors and certificates in both Trial Advocacy and Health Law. He was extensively involved in Loyola's nationally renowned Moot Court Program. Mr. Settimba served on the Moot Court Board as Publicity Director. As a member of the Appellate Lawyers Association Moot Court team he won First Place Brief Honors and the Championship. The following year, he was part of the team that won First Place Brief at the National Moot Court Competition in Child Welfare & Adoption Law. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Settimba worked as a Scientific Associate for nearly five years at the Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation in La Jolla, California. He holds a bachelor’s degree in history from Wabash College, where he was a recipient of the Presidents Scholarship and the Givens-Morehouse Scholarship. Mr. Settimba is licensed to practice in Illinois and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Appellate Lawyers Association Moot Court Competition, National Champion (November 2012)
- Appellate Lawyers Association Moot Court Competition, 1st Place Brief (November 2012)
- National Child Welfare & Adoption Moot Court Competition, 1st Place Brief (March 2014)
- Moot Court Board Publicity Director (2013-2014)
- National Child Welfare & Adoption Law Moot Court Competition, Semi-Finalist (March 2014)
Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., Certificate in Trial Advocacy, Certificate in Health Law and Dean's List honors (2014)
Wabash College, B.A. in history (2006)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois