Jennifer Budner is an experienced litigator and trial counsel currently representing defendants in a variety of products and general liability actions. She is also national co-coordinating counsel for a Fortune 500 company and in this capacity, oversees the defense of products liability actions pending in many jurisdictions. In addition, she represents environmental remediation companies involved in the ongoing World Trade Center litigation.
Ms. Budner began her career as an Assistant Corporation Counsel/Trial Counsel for the City of New York, Bronx Tort Division. In addition, she was employed as In-House Trial Counsel for a worldwide insurance carrier, where she represented property owners in general liability lawsuits from inception to verdict or resolution, concentrating in labor law/construction and premises liability actions.
Ms. Budner handles all aspects of defense litigation, including depositions, drafting and arguing summary judgment motions and appeals, mediations and conducting trials.
- Served as an Officer on the Moot Court Board, City University of New York, School of Law
Professional & Civic Involvement
- National Association of Women Lawyers, Women in Litigation Affinity Group
- New York City Bar Association
- Golovan v. Israel (Index # 300739/06): Obtained favorable defense verdict in Kings County personal injury trial where plaintiff alleged severe dropped foot injury (June 2008).
- Obtained summary judgment resulting in outright dismissal in seven Supreme Court actions venued in New York County, Kings County, Richmond County and Suffolk County (2007-2008).
- Negotiated favorable defense settlements at various stages of trial in five cases on behalf of the defendant (2006-2008).
- Fougy v. Carlylse SL Green: (Index # 014160/06) Obtained liability defense verdict on behalf of the property owner in this premises liability action. (2006) Negotiated favorable defense settlements at various stages of trial ranging from post jury selection to closing arguments in 6 trials for the City of New York in Bronx County (2002-2003).
- Kahn v. The NYC Board of Education (Index No 2662/93): Obtained favorable defense verdict in Bronx County action where high school student inhales toxic fumes and claims permanent reactive airways disease and severe asthma (2003).
- Parker v. The City of New York (Index # 15687/99): Obtained defense verdict in premises liability case in Bronx County (2003).
- Miller v. City of New York (Index # 003767/94): Negotiated favorable settlement after the close of defendant case in this personal injury case where plaintiff claimed low back injury resulting in severe neurological impairment (2002).
- Winokur v. City of New York (Index # 6192/07): Obtained defense verdict on liability for the Board of Education in traumatic brain injury case in Bronx County, where she served as second chair trial counsel (2002).
Published Appellate Opinions
Hillen v. Queens Long Island Medical Group, 57 A.D.3d 946; 871 NYS 2d 302 (2d Dep't 2008)
Jeter v. Seagull, 43 A.D.3d 871, 841 NYS2d 372 (2d Dep't 2007)
"Ethical Considerations and the IME," 2006
Florida Atlantic University, B.S.W., 1993
City University of New York, School of Law, J.D., 2000
- New York, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2008