William "Jono" Young is an associate attorney focusing his practice on personal injury and trucking defense, as well as general civil litigation defense. He has extensive experience representing corporate defendants in personal injury and trucking lawsuits. Prior to joining Segal McCambridge, he worked as an associate attorney at a litigation firm in Austin. He has also worked at firms in Denver and Houston and as a law clerk for the Office of the Attorney General of Texas. Mr. Young served as a judicial intern for the Supreme Court of the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands in Saipan and for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas while he was in law school.
Mr. Young earned his J.D. from the University of Texas School of Law, where he earned the Dean's Achievement Award for Excellence in the Study of Jurisprudence. He also holds a bachelor's degree in geography from the University of Colorado.
When he's not working, Mr. Young enjoys spending time with his wife Korrine and sons Jono and Beckett. He is also interested in hiking, maps and Jeopardy!
- Dean’s Achievement Award for Excellence in the Study of Jurisprudence – University of Texas School of Law
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Graduate of 2014 Trial Academy - Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- 2014 Deposition Training Seminar – National Institute for Trial Advocacy
“Navigating the Settlement Offset Provision of the Texas Proportionate Responsibility Statute,” The Critical Path (July 2016).
- Office of the Attorney General of Texas
The University of Texas School of Law, J.D. (2011)
The University of Colorado, B.A., Geography (2007)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas