Joseph B. Moore III is a shareholder in the firm's Chicago office. Focusing his practice in construction litigation, premises liability, medical malpractice and commercial litigation, Mr. Moore has extensive experience in litigating, arbitrating, mediating and preparing cases for trial across the country.
Prior to joining Segal McCambridge, Mr. Moore worked as the sole Indiana partner at a Midwest litigation defense firm. He also worked as a healthcare consultant and interned at a U.S. Congressional office before attending law school.
Mr. Moore earned his J.D. from Chicago-Kent College of Law in the Intellectual Property Certificate Program where he was also a Bar and Gavel Award winner, member of the Student Bar Association and the law school Social Chair. He also participated in the summer "Tour de España" exchange program in international comparative law through the University of Miami School of Law. He holds a bachelor's degree in industrial engineering and economics from Northwestern University.
Outside of his work in the legal arena, Mr. Moore enjoys volunteering, workout challenges, coaching tennis, karaoke sing-offs, Chicago sporting events, summer concerts and the Chicago Lyric and Santa Fe Operas with his new wife Sandra. He also enjoys spending time with his friends, family and nephews in Northwest Indiana.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- 2020 “Class 9” Leadership Academy Member of the Indiana State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association, "Holiday Spirits" Singer and Member
- Chicago Metro Men's Barbershop Chorus, Member
- Chicago Parks Humboldt Park Tennis Team, Member
- Illinois Bar Association, Member
- Indiana Bar Association, Member
- Indiana Workers' Compensation Institute, Member
- Lake County Indiana Bar Association, Member
- Northwestern University Alumni Association, Member
- Sigma Nu Fraternity Alumni Advisory Board, Member
- Social Media Administrator for Sons and Daughters of Pearl Harbor Survivors in Northern Indiana
- Volunteer Tennis Coach
Articles & Publications
- Law360, 12.17.20
Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2005
Northwestern University, B.S., Industrial Engineering and Economics, 2001
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana