Attorney Justin Moriconi practices complex litigation focusing on commercial disputes, emerging and existing regulated substances, and toxic product exposure. Appearing in venues in the Philadelphia metro region, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey, Mr. Moriconi has a spectrum of litigation experience. Understanding that there are a variety of legal solutions to every problem, Mr. Moriconi utilizes aggressive negotiation, mediation, and alternative dispute resolution. This translates into direct cost-saving for clients.
Using smart and efficient legal expertise, Mr. Moriconi maximizes recovery for private individuals, businesses and insurance companies. Some representative matters include six-figure contract negotiations and recoveries, residential and commercial landlord/tenant disputes, loan modification/work outs, full business formation, due diligence, and a host of civil litigation matters with liability exposures in the millions. Mr. Moriconi is also one of a select group of attorneys practicing in the regulated substances area and advises companies entering this burgeoning space.
Mr. Moriconi was an honors judicial extern in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and a law clerk for a prominent Philadelphia Judge before entering private practice at a commercial litigation boutique. Mr. Moriconi joined Segal McCambridge in 2010. He has been working in the law since college and offers clients comprehensive practice experience. From volunteering as a mock trial judge and coach to non-profit formation and expansion – and a lot in between, Mr. Moriconi donates his time to all types of pro bono matters.
- Selected for inclusion in the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars list (no more than 2.5% of lawyers in the state under the age of 40 are selected), nominated and selected by peers in the legal community (2012-2016)
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas, Arbitrator
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Executive Committee Board Member, Young Lawyers' Division (2008-2011)
- Philadelphia Bar Association, State Civil Litigation Section
- Justinian Society of Philadelphia, Board Member (2009-present)
- John S. Bradway High School Mock Trial Judge (2008-2013)
- Cheltenham Township Environmental Advisory Council (2010-2012)
- Cheltenham Township Environmental Advisory Council School District Liaison Subcommittee (2013)
- Brandeis Law Society/Order of the Sons of Italy (Roxborough Lodge)
- Temple Inn of Court (2006-2011)
- Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program (Philadelphia VIP) Small Business Legal Clinic (2011-present)
- Cannabis Bar Association
- Awarded full defense verdict in contentious workers compensation matter involving interstate trucking company where claimant alleged catastrophic injuries while operating tractor-trailer out-of-state.
- Negotiated employment contract, adding over $100,000 of short-term value and future pension planning value for professional services.
- Saved small business owner and property owner almost twenty percent long-term reduction on construction workmanship claims.
- Represents Natural Gas companies in Pennsylvania for litigation on statutory tort claims related to operations and exploration of the Marcellus Shale.
- Successfully defended motor vehicle/pedestrian case in Philadelphia County by uncovering plaintiff's long history of a medical condition that affected her ability to ability to see out of one side of her eye and her ability to view oncoming traffic on that side, therefore precluding recovery based on causation and comparative fault.
- Played an instrumental role in resolving a major construction project case that threatened to bankrupt the company, until it was discovered that there were other, more culpable, parties that reduced recovery significantly.
- Litigated adversary proceedings in the Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, including claims on behalf of both creditors and debtors.
- Brought claims on behalf of sexually abused children in a high-profile group of cases in Delaware against pediatrician.
- Prosecuted and defended various real estate matters, including breach of contract claims and work-out deals.
- Obtained favorable recoveries for personal injury, premises liability, and commercial cases.
Legislative and Business Update Podcast, Pennsylvania Medical Cannabis Society (April 14, 2016).
"Coverage for the Cannabis Industry: Risk Management Opportunities, Present and Future," Risk Management Insurance Society, San Diego, CA (April 13, 2016).
“Banking Prejudice Webinar,” Pennsylvania Medical Cannabis Society (Feb. 29, 2016).
“Banking Prejudice in the Cannabis Industry,” Pennsylvania Medical Cannabis Society (Jan. 15, 2016).
“Proposed Pennsylvania Medical Cannabis Act: The Nuts and Bolts,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute Webinar CLE (June 17, 2015).
“The Ethics of Legal Marketing and Law Practice in a Social Media Environment,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute CLE (hosted by Philadelphia Bar Association) (May 13, 2015).
“Social Media Policies for Employers, Employees, and Their Counsel,” Philadelphia Bench-Bar Conference CLE (October 17, 2014).
“Round Table and Practical Session: Negotiation and Drafting of International Contracts,” Consiglio Nazionale Forense, Italy’s Bar Association, (August 12, 2014).
"A Look Inside the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas: A View from the Bench," State Civil Litigation Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association Annual Meeting (2007).
"Litigation in Bankruptcy Court: Tips, Tricks and Tactics," 15th Annual Bankruptcy Institute (October 28, 2010).
Articles & Publications
- Central Pennsylvania Business Journal, 6.3.16
- Central Pennsylvania Business, 6.3.16
- Central Pennsyvania Business Journal, 6.3.16
- The Pennsylvania Medical Cannabis Society Newsletter, 4.11.16
- Pennsylvania Medical Cannabis Society , 3.16.16
- Pennsylvania Medical Cannabis Society, 1.8.16
"In DOGA We Trust: Cashing In on Mineral Rights," The Legal Intelligencer (June 24, 2016).
“The Ethics of Legal Marketing and Law Practice in a Social Media Environment,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute Publication
LexisNexis Practice Guide: Pennsylvania Personal Injury Litigation (2012 Edition, LexisNexis Matthew Bender).
"Weed Producers in No Rush to Sign Land Deals," Central Pennsylvania Business Journal (June 3, 2016)
"What's the Status of Pennsylvania's Medical Marijuana Law?" PhillyVoice (May 31, 2016)
"Despite Law, Medical Marijuana May See Local Challenge in Pennsylvania," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (April 24, 2016).
"Marijuana Business: Uncharted Territory?" Central Pennsylvania Business Journal (April 22, 2016).
"Chasing Medical Marijuana License in Pa. an Expensive Process," York Dispatch (April 18, 2016).
"Senate Weighs Options on Pa.'s Medical Marijuana Legislation," Central Penn Business Journal (March 28, 2016).
"Medical Marijuana Law: What Businesses Need to Know," Central Pennsylvania Business Journal (March 25, 2016).
Clemson University, B.A. (criminal justice), 2000
Widener University School of Law, J.D. (Judicial Extern Honors Program), 2006
- Pennsylvania, 2006
- New Jersey, 2007