Katherine M. Gonyea is an associate attorney in Segal McCambridge's Austin office focusing her practice on insurance coverage and complex commercial litigation. She has extensive experience in the various stages of litigation including discovery and motion practice involving taking and defending depositions, producing and requesting discovery materials, and drafting and arguing motions to compel, motions for summary judgment and temporary injunctions. Ms. Gonyea has also successfully represented and defended clients in jury trials, bench trials, arbitration and mediation.
Prior to joining Segal McCambridge, Ms. Gonyea worked as a senior associate at a Texas firm where she assisted and managed pre-suit and litigation matters involving insurance defense, personal injury, and commercial construction defects.
Ms. Gonyea received her Juris Doctor from South Texas College of Law - Houston. While there she served as the Director of the Board of Advocates and participated in the State Bar of Texas Administrative Law Moot Court Competition, the Buffalo-Niagara Invitational Mock Trial Competition, the Appellate Advocacy Intramural Moot Court Tournament, and the T. Gerald Treece Summer Academy Mock Trial Tournament. She also holds a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from St. Edward's University, graduating magna cum laude.
- Selected for inclusion in the Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars list (no more than 2.5% of lawyers in the state under the age of 40 are selected), nominated and selected by peers in the legal community (2017-2018)
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Member, Travis County Women Lawyers' Association (Present)
- Alumni Board of Directors, Houston College of Law (three-year term from January 2017-December 2019)
- Young Alumni Council, Houston College of Law (2013- present)
- Member, Houston Bar Association Habitat for Humanity Committee (2015- 2017)
- Member, Hermann Park Conservancy’s Urban Green (2009-2010)
- Volunteer, American Cancer Society: Committee Co-Chair- Starlight Gala (2008-2010); Oscar Night America Committee Co-Chair (2010-2011 and 2012-2013); Oscar Night Committee Chair Person (2011-2012)
South Texas College of Law - Houston, J.D. (2008)
St. Edward's University - B.A., Political Science, magna cum laude (2003)
- U.S. Court of Claims
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas