Kelley S. Gordon is an associate attorney in Segal McCambridge's Chicago office focusing her litigation practice on intellectual property, technology and cyber risk, complex commercial, and employment related matters. She has extensive experience preparing, responding to and arguing contested motions, is knowledgeable in all aspects of discovery, and has conducted extensive legal research related to specific subject matters throughout the course of litigation.
Most recently, Ms. Gordon worked as an associate attorney where she engaged in all aspects of complex commercial litigation matters including intellectual property involving copyrights, trademarks, trade dress and trade secrets, and employment litigation related to restrictive covenants, wrongful termination and breach of contracts.
Ms. Gordon received her J.D. from The John Marshall Law School with a certificate in Intellectual Property. While in law school, she attended a summer program at Peking University Institute of International Intellectual Property in Beijing, China, and was also a member of Phi Alpha Delta and the Intellectual Property Law Society. Ms. Gordon holds a Bachelor of Arts in Cognitive Science with a concentration in Psychological & Brain Sciences from Indiana University. As an undergraduate student, she served as the Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law Fraternity President and received the award for "Best Attorney Overall."
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Chicago Bar Association, YLS Intellectual Property Committee Co-Chair (2018-2019)
- Chicago Bar Association, Judicial Evaluation Committee Investigation Division Member, Intellectual Property Committee Member, Commercial Litigation Committee Member, Cyber Law and Data Privacy Committee Member
- Defense Research Institute, Intellectual Property Committee Young Lawyer Liaison (2019-2020)
- Defense Research Institute, Business Torts and Contracts Litigation Committee Member, Commercial Litigation Committee Member, Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Committee Member, Intellectual Property Litigation Committee Member, Women in the Law Committee Member
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago (IPLAC)
- Chicago Women in Intellectual Property (CHiWIP)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
Articles & Publications
- Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education1.18.19
"Chapter 6: E-Discovery." Business and Commercial Litigation - 2019 Edition. Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education (2019).
The John Marshall Law School, J.D. (2014)
Richmond, The American International University, in London, M.A., Art History & Visual Culture (2011)
Indiana University, B.A., Cognitive Science (2010)
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Seventh Circuit