Kevin Turbert focuses his litigation practice on toxic tort and general liability matters in New York and New Jersey. He represents various defendants including, but not limited to, manufacturers and distributors in asbestos litigation as well as private and governmental premises owners dealing with various claims related to toxicants on their property. Mr. Turbert also handles a wide range of general litigation matters, particularly labor law and motor vehicle accident claims. He is presently engaged in the 9/11 disaster litigation in the Southern District of New York. Mr. Turbert's proactive approach, strong writing skills, and experience in all aspects of case management contribute to his team's efficient and successful litigation strategies.
Prior to joining Segal McCambridge, Mr. Turbert served as Law Clerk to the Honorable Peter F. Bariso, Jr., P.J.Cv. in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Hudson County. In addition to his passion for law practice, Mr. Turbert is an avid painter and sketch artist.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- As associate counsel, prevailed on appeal to vacate a $2.5 million judgment entered against client, The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey, in an asbestos personal injury action.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of trucking entities in two separate actions based upon plaintiffs’ failure to satisfy New York Insurance Law’s serious injury threshold.
Articles & Publications
- How Defense Litigators Can Optimize on DisclosureNew York State Bar Association Journal, 10.15
"Case Notes: Duty to Warn About Another's Product is Rejected by U.S. Courts," Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney's New York Advocate (anticipated 2012).
"Faceless Bullies: Legislative and Judicial Responses to Cyberbullying," 33 Seton Hall Legis. J. 651 (2009).
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Peter F. Bariso, Jr., P.J.Cv. in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Hudson County
Loyola University Maryland, B.A, 2005, cum laude
Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2009
- New York, 2010
- New Jersey, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2012