Laura J. Henneman is an associate attorney in the firm’s Chicago office concentrating on the defense of toxic tort claims. Ms. Henneman has experience in the various stages of litigation, including the drafting of discovery and responsive motions. Ms. Henneman was hired as an associate attorney after spending a semester working in Segal McCambridge’s Law Firm Associate Program. Prior to joining Segal McCambridge, Ms. Henneman worked as a law clerk at a prominent Chicago personal injury law firm. Additionally, she worked as a 711 law clerk in the Narcotics Bureau of the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office where she had the opportunity to assist in a bench trial and conduct a grand jury indictment under the supervision of an Assistant State’s Attorney.
Ms. Henneman received her B.S. in Journalism from the University of Colorado at Boulder in 2010 where she focused her studies on advertising and political science and was a recipient of the Chancellor’s Achievement Scholarship. Ms. Henneman earned her J.D. from Chicago-Kent College of Law where she was an active member of the nationally ranked Trial Advocacy Team, winning first place at the regional championship of the American Association of Justice Competition. In addition, she was on the Dean’s Honor List and served as treasurer of Chicago-Kent’s Women in Law Society.
Ms. Henneman began her legal career as a defense litigation paralegal in the product liability department of a Chicago law firm where she conducted fact investigation and assisted in arranging vehicle inspections and discovery matters.
- Regional Champion, American Association of Justice Competition, Chicago-Kent College of Law Trial Advocacy Team (2014)
- Best Advocate Award Recipient, Intensive Trial Advocacy Course, Chicago-Kent College of Law (2013)
- Chancellor’s Achievement Scholarship, University of Colorado (2006 – 2010)
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Chicago Bar Association
- Guardian Ad Litem through Chicago Volunteer Legal Services
Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., Dean’s Honor List (2015)
University of Colorado, B.S., Journalism (2010)
- Illinois, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois, 2017
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2016