Madina Axelrod concentrates her practice on product liability, toxic tort and commercial litigation. She handles these matters from inception to trial, including conducting and defending depositions, arguing motions, and resolving matters through negotiation, mediation and arbitration. Ms. Axelrod has obtained numerous dismissals for equipment manufacturers in commercial and toxic tort actions.
Ms. Axelrod serves as National Coordinating Counsel for several multinational equipment manufacturers. In that capacity she manages nationwide asbestos litigation, develops and implements strategy and budgets, prepares corporate witnesses for deposition, coordinates expert and fact witness discovery, and conducts settlement negotiations.
Upon obtaining her J.D. from the Moscow State Academy of Law in 1997, Ms. Axelrod practiced law in Moscow, Russia serving as in-house counsel for Russia's largest brewing company. In 2002, Ms. Axelrod obtained her LL.M degree from Cornell Law School. Ms. Axelrod's education and work experience allow her to provide the firm's clients with a broad range of legal services pertaining to international law and Russian civil procedure, intellectual property, and commercial and labor law.
Ms. Axelrod is a committed advocate for those without access to legal resources. As a volunteer for inMotion, Ms. Axelrod counsels and represents women in New York City regarding various legal matters. She also represents homeless individuals through her involvement with Project H.E.L.P. New York.
Ms. Axelrod's native language is Russian; she is fluent in English.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- H.E.L.P. New York
- Serves as National Coordinating Counsel for several major U.S. companies.
- Resolved cases nationwide through negotiation, mediation and arbitration.
- Drafted and argued various pre-trial and summary judgment motions.
- Prepared and presented key corporate witnesses for Rule 30(b)(6) depositions.
- Successfully represented international pharmaceutical company in multi-million dollar contractual dispute which resulted in appointment of receiver.
- Negotiated acquisition of Russian domain name for U.S. company.
American Bar Association's 26th Annual Spring Meeting, "Hot Topics in Toxic and Environmental Law." In-House Counsel Panelist: "The Do's and Dont's for Outside Lawyers." Phoenix, AZ (April 6-8, 2017).
Articles & Publications
"Case Notes: Eastern District of New York Grants Construction Worker's MSJ Against Premises Owner in a Case Brought under New York Labor Law § 240(1) (The 'Scaffold Law')," Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney's New York Advocate, Volume 1, Issue 3 (Fall 2007).
"Enforcement of Arbitral Awards in Russia," Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney's New York Advocate, Volume 1, Issue 1 (Spring 2007).
The Moscow State Academy of Law, J.D. (1997)
Cornell Law School, LL.M. (2002)
- New York, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2005