Mandy Black is an associate attorney in the firm’s Chicago office focusing her practice on the litigation of toxic tort claims. She has experience in all stages of litigation, including the drafting of pleadings and demand letters and the research and legal writing necessary for motion practice. Ms. Black has also liaised with Congressional and Ambassador staff related to adoption issues and has created policy strategies in accordance with this work.
Ms. Black graduated cum laude from Indiana University, Maurer School of Law where she was the recipient of numerous academic awards and the Michael Maurer School Merit Scholarship. She was involved with Outreach for Legal Literacy since October 2012. In that capacity, she taught legal concepts to 5th grade students and ran an annual year-end mock trial. Ms. Black served as a Student Ambassador for the School of Law and was a participant in the Sherman Minton Moot Court Competition. Ms. Black is also interested in philanthropy, having executed fundraising efforts for the Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity.
Ms. Black has a strong interest in travel and international study. She spent a Semester at Sea while attending the University of Virginia. Her studies took her to Spain, Italy, Croatia, Greece, Bulgaria, Turkey and Morocco. She had the opportunity to combine law and travel in the Fall of 2014 while studying abroad in Barcelona, Spain at the ESADE Law School.
- CALI Award for Excellence, The Legal Profession, 2013
- Michael Maurer School Merit Scholarship Recipient
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society
Professional & Civic Involvement
- American Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indiana University, School of Journalism, B.A.with distinction (2012)
- Indiana University, Maurer School of Law, J.D., cum laude (2015)
- ESADE Law School, Barcelona, Spain (Fall 2014)
- Illinois, 2016
- Indiana, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2015
- U.S. District Court,Southern District of Indiana, 2015