Marcus Morrow is a trial attorney who focuses his practice on the defense of civil litigation and toxic tort claims. In this role, Mr. Morrow provides his clients with a range of legal services, including advocating for his clients in court, discovery work, motion practice and client reporting. Mr. Morrow regularly evaluates client liability, takes depositions and drafts responsive pleadings on behalf of his clients.
Before joining the firm, Mr. Morrow gained experience in civil litigation and regulatory, corporate, transactional and probate maters while clerking for a law firm during law school. He has experience in drafting discovery and in researching and drafting briefs in medical malpractice and insurance defense matters from initial investigation through final resolution. Additionally, in his current practice, Mr. Morrow is able to draw on the health law experience he gained during his time as a Beazley Health Law Fellow while at Loyola University Chicago School of Law.
Mr. Morrow is committed to community service. He was inspired to work with the elderly after he witnessed the effects his grandmother suffered from dementia. He volunteers for the Alzheimer's Association, is on the Board of Directors, Executive Committee and acts as the Junior Board’s Director of Advocacy to promote awareness, further association membership and advocate and fundraise for the organization.
Mr. Morrow is an avid football fan. As a former volunteer assistant coach with the 2009 California Golden Bears football special teams and tight ends coach, he achieved a childhood dream of coaching football. Today, Mr. Morrow incorporates the analytical and team-building skills he acquired in coaching with his legal practice. He can be seen cheering on the Green Bay Packers during football seasons.
- Beazley Institute for Health Law and Policy, Health Law Fellow, 2012-2014
- CALI Excellence Award for highest grade in Legal Writing, Fall 2011
- Honors at Entrance Scholarship, 2011
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Alzheimer's Association, Junior Board (2015-current)
- Chicago Bar Association (2015-current)
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Young Alumni Committee (2015-current)
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys, Membership Committee (2013 -2015)
- Student Advisory Board Member for Beazley Institute for Health Law and Policy (2013-2014)
- Access to Health Field Study Coordinator-- Phoenix, AZ (2012) and Tallahassee, FL (2013)
- Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity, Vice President of Finance, Balanced Man Scholarship Chair (2008)
"Illinois Defense Trial Committee," IDC Defense Update (December, 2013).
"Querrey & Harrow, LTD," Construction Law Quarterly (Summer, 2013).
"A Comparative Look at the Success of the Chilean Universal Coverage Program with a Focus on Diabetes and Application to the United States Healthcare System," 22 Annals of Health L. Advance Directive 17-31 (2012).
Annual Illinois Health Survey, Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys (2012).
University of California, Berkeley, B.A., Economics (2009)
Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D. and Certificate in Health Law (2014)
- Illinois, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois