Matthew Jardine is a trial lawyer who successfully represents corporate clients in high-stakes litigation from coast to coast. He handles a wide variety of matters in both state and federal courts, including product liability, commercial litigation, class action, construction, environmental and other civil disputes. He has extensive experience working with and litigating against experts in a wide range of fields and is well-versed in the medical and scientific issues specific to those fields.
Mr. Jardine has focused particularly on defending product manufacturers, including in cases involving medical devices, pharmaceuticals, automotive & trucking OEM parts, juvenile products, home & office furnishings, gas heaters and industrial equipment. He takes pride in the high degree of trust his clients have in him to accurately assess risk, design a defense strategy and to carry it out. Mr. Jardine is also a skilled negotiator, having successfully resolved numerous matters through private mediation, or through negotiation of settlement on favorable terms.
- Named 2008 Illinois Rising Star - General Litigation, Illinois Super Lawyers
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Represented a multinational manufacturer of home, office and juvenile products in all aspects of litigation in state and federal courts nationwide.
- Served as regional counsel for product manufacturer clients, with the responsibility for the development, coordination and implementation of defense strategy.
- Successfully negotiated multiple global settlement deals for a well-known product manufacturer, each involving hundreds of wrongful death lawsuits set for trial over a period of years.
- Successfully resolved numerous complex litigation matters through private mediation in multiple states.
Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., High Honors (2001)
- Law Review member
- Order of the Coif
- Merit Scholar
- Four CALI Awards for highest grade
University of Wisconsin, B.A. (1992)
- Illinois, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin