Melissa Fallah is a trial attorney who represents corporate clients in all aspects of product liability litigation. She concentrates her practice in product liability, premises liability and toxic tort exposure claims pending throughout the United States. She serves as national coordinating counsel, regional counsel, local counsel and trial counsel in mass tort and toxic exposure cases. Ms. Fallah has represented clients in asbestos, benzene, lead, mold and silica claims. Her experience includes all aspects of pre-trial and trial work before state and federal courts across the country. She also provides risk analysis and assessment in her work guiding national defense strategy and mitigating litigation on behalf of clients.
- Named an Emerging Lawyer by Leading Lawyers (The distinction of being named an “Emerging Lawyer” is reserved for the top 2% of Illinois lawyers who are 40 years old or younger and have been identified by their peers as proving themselves to be professional, ethical and experienced at an early point in their legal career.) (2015-2016)
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2011, 2016)
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Chicago Bar Association, YLS Law Explorers Committee, Co-Chair
- Chicago Bar Association, YLS Women in the Law Committee, Co-Chair
- Chicago Bar Association, Special Projects Coordinator
- Illinois State Bar Association
Articles & Publications
"The Toxic Toy Story," Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney's Toxic Tort Newsletter, Volume 9, Issue 1 (Winter 2010-2011).
"Two Recent Lawsuits Claim 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' Toy Kits Contain Asbestos," Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney's Toxic Tort Newsletter, Volume 8, Issue 2 (Fall 2009).
"Not Just Insulators Anymore: The Rise of Dental-Related Asbestos Lawsuits," Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney's Toxic Tort Newsletter, Volume 8, Issue 2 (Fall 2009).
"State Law Updates - Pennsylvania," Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney's Toxic Tort Newsletter, Volume 8, Issue 1 (Winter 2009).
"Science On Trial: An Analysis Of Alleged Vaccine-Related Autism Claims," Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney's Toxic Tort Newsletter, Volume 7, Issue 2 (Spring 2008) and American Bar Association Section of Litigation, Mass Torts Litigation Committee's Mass Torts, Vol. 7, No. 1 (Fall/Winter 2009).
"Welding Fume Litigation: Claims Fabricated From Thin Air?" Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney's Toxic Tort Newsletter, Volume 6, Issue 2 (Spring 2007).
University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, B.A. (English & Political Science), 1998
Washington University School of Law, J.D., 2001
- Supreme Court of Illinois, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2001
- Missouri, 2010
- New York, 2012