Nathan J. Law is an associate attorney focusing his practice on complex commercial litigation and the litigation of toxic tort matters. He has extensive experience in all stages of litigation, including preparing pretrial case files and hearings, conducting legal research, and drafting complaints and discovery requests. Prior to joining Segal McCambridge, Mr. Law worked as a law clerk at two litigation firms in Chicago. He has also worked as a Judicial Extern for Judge Thomas J. Kelley at the Circuit Court of Cook County in Chicago.
Mr. Law earned his B.A. in political science with a minor in philosophy from The Pennsylvania State University. He earned his J.D. from The John Marshall Law School. While in law school, Mr. Law was an active participant in The John Marshall Law Review, as well as the Trial Advocacy and Alternate Dispute Resolution Honors Board where he competed in the American Association of Justice competition, Tulane National Baseball Arbitration competition and twice in the Georgetown White Collar Crime Mock Trial Competition. Mr. Law was the Section Leader for The Penn State Marching Blue Band and is a Major League Baseball enthusiast and has published a student comment in The John Marshall Law Review concerning the potential ability of a club to void a player contract for performance enhancing drug use.
- Tulane National Baseball Arbitration Competition, Tenth Place National (2014)
- Georgetown White Collar Crime Mock Trial Competition, Fourth Place National (2013)
"Manufacturing a Run: How Major League Baseball Can Use the Morals Clause to Clean Up Baseball," 48 J. Marshall L. Rev., 2015
- DATA BREACH LITIGATION UPDATE: District Court Judge Rejects Remijas Settlement and Decertifies Class9.26.18
- LIFE SCIENCES CLIENT ALERT: Seventh Circuit Reverses $3 Million Judgment Against GlaxoSmithKline Citing Preemption9.4.18
- CYBER RISK CLIENT ALERT: The Circuit Split Continues When It Comes to Standing in Cybersecurity Litigation4.13.18
- PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY CLIENT ALERT: Third-Party Litigation Financing Can Drive Up Case Settlement Value11.27.17
The John Marshall Law School, J.D. (2015)
The Pennsylvania State University, B.A., Political Science, Minor in Philosophy (2011)
- Illinois, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin