Nicholas Shawver is an associate attorney focusing his practice in general litigation matters including premises liability, negligence, and products liability. He has experience in all stages of litigation including drafting briefs, arguing dispositive motions and conducting trials. He is also adept at conducting depositions, complex legal research and negotiating settlements.
Prior to joining Segal McCambridge, he served as an attorney at a litigation firm in Royal Oak, MI. He also previously worked in his own practice, Nicholas A. Shawver & Associates, PLLC. Mr. Shawver earned his J.D. from Wayne State University Law School, where he was a member of the Moot Court Team and a recipient of the Dean's Scholar and Merit Scholarship awards. He holds a bachelor's degree in music business and philosophy from DePauw University, where he participated in the Management Fellows Business Honors Program and Mu Epsilon Honors Society.
Outside of his career in the legal field, Mr. Shawver is an on-air personality and producer of a weekly three-hour FM radio show. Broadcast from Detroit, the program is dedicated to exposing listeners to promising young musicians and artists in the world of soul, funk, R&B, hip-hop & electronica.
- Best Brief, Michigan Moot Court Competition (March 2008)
- Dean's Scholars
- Merit Scholarship
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Beta Theta Pi, Delta Chapter
- Cranbrook-Kingswood Alumni Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Wayne County Criminal Defense Bar Association
- Secured summary disposition on behalf of an insurance company in a case in which the plaintiff submitted false claims about prior medical history in order to trigger a transportation policy. The victory was the result of the Macomb County judge granting a motion for reconsideration after key information about the policy was not included in his initial opinion.