Nicole Sorell represents clients in toxic tort matters. She has experience in various stages of litigation. Ms. Sorell is well versed in drafting and arguing motions, deposing and defending witnesses, and preparing for case management conferences and settlement negotiations on behalf of her clients. She has litigated general liability, medical malpractice, labor and employment, and transportation and trucking matters in Illinois and other jurisdictions.
Outside of her work at Segal McCambridge, Ms. Sorell is an active alumni of the Northwestern Pritzker School of Law. She has served as a judge for the 2015 Regional ABA Negotiation Competition at Northwestern, she assists as a coach for the Northwestern Law Center on Negotiation and Mediation, and she also conducts interviews for prospective law students, providing recommendations to the admissions committee.
- Selected for inclusion in the Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars list (no more than 2.5% of lawyers in the state under the age of 40 are selected), nominated and selected by peers in the legal community (2015-2016)
- Journal of International Human Rights, editor (2011)
Professional & Civic Involvement
- American Bar Association, Vice Chair of the Minorities in the Profession Committee for the Young Lawyers Division (2016-2017)
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Center for Conflict Resolution, Chicago, IL
Judge for the Regional ABA Negotiation Competition, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, Evanston, IL (November 14-15, 2015).
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.S. (Psychology), 2006, cum laude with distinction
Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., 2011
- Illinois, 2011