Rachel Laurel is an associate attorney in the firm’s New York office focusing her practice of work on a large variety of cases including labor and employment, cyber risk and security, complex commercial litigation, intellectual property, product liability, and toxic tort litigation. She has experience working through various stages of litigation in state and federal court, including drafting pleadings, discovery requests and responses, briefs and dispositive motions, taking and defending depositions, and trial preparation and support.
Ms. Laurel received her Juris Doctor from Indiana University Maurer School of Law. While there, she served as Managing Editor of the Indiana Law Journal and was a member of the Women's Law Caucus, Intellectual Property Association and Student Bar Association. Ms. Laurel assisted in coaching Indiana University’s undergraduate mock trial team. And as the Champion of Maurer's Trial Competition, Ms. Laurel went on to compete for Maurer's Trial Team, finishing as a regional finalist in the American Association for Justice Regional Competition. Ms. Laurel continues to enjoy coaching mock trial, as well as cooking and traveling.
Before attending law school, she received a Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice and Psychology with a minor in Law & Public Policy from Indiana University. She is currently licensed to practice in Illinois and New Jersey.
- Order of the Barristers, 2018
- Sherman Minton Moot Court Board, 2017-2018
- Finalist, American Association for Justice Mock Trial Competition, 2018
Professional & Civic Involvement
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Defense Research Institute
"Article III: Standing in Cyber-Breach Litigation," American Bar Association, The Brief, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section, Summer 2019
- CYBER RISK CLIENT ALERT: Facebook Settles Its BIPA Suit for $550 Million While Damage and Jurisdiction Issues Remain2.24.20
Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D., 2018
Indiana University, B.A., Criminal Justice and Psychology, 2015
- Illinois, 2018
- New Jersey, 2021
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2018
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois, 2019
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 2020