Samantha M. Odyniec is an associate attorney focusing her practice on toxic tort and complex commercial litigation. She has experience in various stages of litigation and currently serves on liaison counsel teams for multiple firm clients. Ms. Odyniec is well-versed in drafting and arguing motions, deposing witnesses, conducting extensive research, and assisting in discovery and trial preparation. Prior to joining Segal McCambridge, she worked as an associate attorney at a litigation firm in Chicago.
Ms. Odyniec earned her J.D. cum laude from DePaul University College of Law, where she received CALI Awards for earning the highest grade in the class in Legal Profession and Legal Analysis, Research and Communication III. She won several honors for her competition in Moot Court and received the Helen F. McGillicuddy Scholarship for her writing. She also holds a bachelor's degree in political science with a minor in human rights from the University of Connecticut. Ms. Odyniec is licensed to practice in Illinois and in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Outside of her work at Segal McCambridge, Ms. Odyniec is an active DePaul Law alum, serving as the Secretary of the DePaul Law Alumni Engagement Board and a member of the Moot Court Alumni Board. Ms. Odyniec also serves on the Advisory Council of the UConn Chicago Alumni Network. She is a member of the Chicago Bar Association and the Women's Bar Association of Illinois. In her free time, Ms. Odyniec enjoys traveling, running, cheering on the Chicago Blackhawks, and spending time with her dog, Oliver.
- Order of Barristers (2015)
- CALI Awards for highest grades in Legal Profession and Legal Analysis, Research and Communication III
- Top 8 Ranked Team, J. Braxton Craven Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition (2015)
- Second Best Overall Oral Argument, Appellate Lawyers Association Moot Court Competition (2014)
- Best Petitioner Brief Winner, National Professional Responsibility Moot Court Competition (2014)
- Helen F. McGillicuddy Writing Competition Scholarship Recipient (2014)
- Champion, Hon. William J. Bauer Intramural Moot Court Competition (2013)
Professional & Civic Involvement
- DePaul University College of Law Moot Court Alumni Board (2018-Present)
- DePaul University College of Law Alumni Engagement Board, Steering Committee Member (2016), Secretary (2017-Present)
- UConn Chicago Alumni Network, Advisory Council (2013-Present)
- Chicago Bar Association
- Women's Bar Association of Illinois
- Chicago, IL, 4.18.18
"We Are Family? Examining Parental Leave and Non-Normative Parents in the United States," Journal of Women, Gender and the Law: Vol. 4: Issue 1, Article 2 (2015).
DePaul University College of Law, J.D., cum laude (2015)
University of Connecticut, B.A., Political Science, Minor in Human Rights, Dean's List (2010)
- Illinois, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2016