Samantha M. Odyniec is an associate attorney focusing her practice on toxic tort and complex commercial litigation. She has extensive experience in all stages of litigation including drafting motions, written discovery, pleadings, settlement contracts, and pretrial conferences. Prior to joining Segal McCambridge, she worked as an associate attorney at a litigation firm in Chicago.
Ms. Odyniec earned her J.D. cum laude from DePaul University College of Law, where she received a CALI Award in Legal Analysis, Research and Communication III, Legal Profession. She won several honors for her competition in Moot Court and received the Helen F. McGillicuddy Scholarship for her writing. Ms. Odyniec is an active DePaul Law alum, coaching teams for the DePaul Appellate Moot Court Society and serving as a judge for various moot court competitions throughout Chicago. She also holds a bachelor's degree in political science with a minor in human rights from the University of Connecticut. Ms. Odyniec is licensed to practice in Illinois and in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Ms. Odyniec is a member of the Chicago Bar Association and the Women's Bar Association of Illinois. She serves as Social Chair of the UConn Chicago Alumni Network.
- Order of Barristers, 2015
- CALI Award, Legal Analysis, Research and Communication III, Legal Profession
- Top 8 Ranked Team, J. Braxton Craven Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition (2015)
- Second Best Overall Oral Argument, Appellate Lawyers Association Moot Court Competition (2014)
- Best Petitioner Brief Winner, National Professional Responsibility Moot Court Competition (2014)
- Helen F. McGillicuddy Writing Competition Scholarship Recipient (2014)
- Champion, Hon. William J. Bauer Intramural Moot Court Competition (2013)
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Chicago Bar Association
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Women's Bar Association of Illinois
- UConn Chicago Alumni Network, Social Chair, 2013-present
"We Are Family? Examining Parental Leave and Non-Normative Parents in the United States," Journal of Women, Gender and the Law: Vol. 4: Issue 1, Article 2 (2015).
DePaul University College of Law, J.D., cum laude (2015)
University of Connecticut, B.A. in political science, minor in human rights, Dean's List (2010)
- Illinois, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2016