Simon Lee represents various manufacturers and distributors in products liability and toxic tort lawsuits, including (but not limited to) the defense of manufacturers and distributors in asbestos litigation and the defense of commercial and residential building owners dealing with various claims related to toxicants on their property.
In addition to his products liability practice, Mr. Lee handles the defense of various corporations and construction companies in personal injury, premises liability, construction accident, and construction defect cases. He also defends units of government, including the general liability defense of a bi-state municipal entity. Mr. Lee also has extensive experience in commercial litigation, handling breach of contract and contractual indemnification matters.
Prior to joining Segal McCambridge in 2008, Mr. Lee represented prominent New York medical care providers in professional negligence cases.
Mr. Lee has substantial court room experience arguing motions for summary judgment, substantive discovery motions, conducting mediations, settlement conferences, and various court mandated appearances. He has conducted and defended numerous depositions, and managed dozens of cases from inception through final resolution.
- Selected for inclusion in the New York Super Lawyers Rising Star list (no more than 2.5% of lawyers in the state under the age of 40 are selected), nominated and selected by peers in the legal community (2014-2016)
- CSC Scientific Company, Inc. v. Manorcare Health Services, Inc. (08-CV-10207 SDNY): Obtained a complete dismissal of Federal Court action seeking to recover settlement funds, wherein the plaintiff had sought recovery for contractual indemnification, common law indemnification, and breach of contract.
- Segal Mccambridge Obtains a Complete Dismissal of Federal Court Action Seeking To Recover Settlement Funds10.14.11
Articles & Publications
Brooklyn Law School, J.D. (2006)
University of Michigan, B.A., Economics (2002)
- New York, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York