Mr. Rosenblatt received his Bachelor of Arts degree cum laude from Cornell University, and his Juris Doctor degree cum laude from the University of Michigan Law School. At Cornell, Mr. Rosenblatt was elected to the academic honor societies of Phi Beta Kappa and Phi Kappa Phi. He is a member of the New York Bar as well as the United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern and Western Districts of New York.
Mr. Rosenblatt concentrates his practice on product liability, toxic tort and commercial litigation. He serves as National Coordinating Counsel, Regional Counsel and local counsel for various asbestos litigation defendants, including several Fortune 500 companies. In addition, Mr. Rosenblatt has represented major defendants in silica, pharmaceutical, tobacco, medical device, DES, latex glove, ephedra, fen-phen, oil spill, World Trade Center, and other mass tort and product liability litigation. Other representative matters include cases pertaining to contract disputes, construction defects, medical testing, personal injuries, property damage, fee disputes, intentional torts and alleged Fair Debt Collection Practices Act ("FDCPA") violations.
Attendant to his asbestos representation, Mr. Rosenblatt has conducted seminars on various aspects of asbestos litigation, industrial and other products, best practices for National Coordinating Counsel, negotiation, deposition techniques, legal writing, and corporate witness deposition preparation.
Mr. Rosenblatt is currently an At-Large Member of Segal McCambridge’s Executive Committee. He has served on various firm committees and was formerly Associate Editor of the Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney Toxic Tort Newsletter.
- Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Kappa Phi
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York Bar Association
- Cornell Ambassador
- H.E.L.P. - New York
- Drafted/argued summary judgment motions in asbestos and oil spill cases.
- Conducted seminars for numerous topics pertaining to asbestos litigation.
- Conducted corporate witness training programs for Rule 30(b)(6) depositions.
- Drafted trial and other briefs, including on duty to warn regarding external insulation.
- Obtained dismissals or negotiated successful resolutions in hundreds of asbestos and other litigation matters.
Client-Specific Local Counsel Training - various engagements.
Corporate Representative Deposition Training - various engagements.
Deposition Techniques - various engagements.
Legal Writing - various engagements.
National Coordinating Counsel Best Practices - various engagements.
Negotiation Strategy - various engagements.
Various Asbestos Litigation Topics - various engagements.
"The Household Exposure / Secondary Exposure Case," Mealey's Emerging Trends in Asbestos Litigation Conference, Los Angeles, CA, March 10, 2009.
Articles & Publications
- And The Defense Wins: Shareholders Jason Eckerly, William Mahoney, Madina Axelrod, and Steven Rosenblatt Featured in The VoiceThe Voice, DRI's Weekly e-Newsletter, 5.2.18
- Toxic Tort Newsletter - Winter 2008, Vol. 7 Issue 1, Winter 2008
- Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney's Toxic Tort Newsletter, Vol. 2, Issue 2, Spring 2003
"Preparing The Corporate Witness For Deposition," Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney's Toxic Tort Newsletter, Volume 6, Issue 2 (Spring 2007).
"Notice Requirements of Insured to Excess Insurance Carrier," New York Law Journal, Volume 237, Number 54 (March 21, 2007) (with Steven A. Hart).
University of Michigan Law School, J.D., cum laude
Cornell University, B.A., cum laude with distinction in all subjects
- New York, 1993
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 1998
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York, 1998
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 1998
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York, 2008