Thomas (T.J.) Lurie is an associate attorney in the firm's Michigan office focusing his practice on transportation litigation. He has considerable litigation experience including drafting and arguing complex dispositive motions, deposing parties and witnesses, and managing litigation to achieve successful results. He also advises clients in transactional matters and drafts strategic contracts to effectuate his client’s needs. He endeavors to efficiently resolve matters for his clients by utilizing aggressive and well-reasoned legal strategies.
Mr. Lurie previously worked for the firm as a law clerk, where he drafted briefs and motions for discovery, dispositive motions and appeals, summarized medical records, testimony and other documents to streamline the litigation process, and researched complex issues that arose in litigation.
Mr. Lurie earned his Juris Doctor from Wayne State University Law School. While there, he was involved in the Entrepreneurship and Business Law Society, Mock Trial Team, and The Wayne Law Review, serving as Symposium Editor. During his law school career, he served as a legal intern to the Honorable Terrence G. Berg of the Eastern District of Michigan and completed a corporate counsel externship with Nexteer Automotive Corporation. He succeeded in a clinical experience as a Student Attorney for the Wayne State University Business and Community Law Clinic where he aided start-up social enterprises in the City of Detroit with their legal needs. He also holds a Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Management from Albion College, graduating cum laude.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Detroit Bar Association
- Michigan Bar Negligence Section
- The Michigan Bar Insurance and Indemnity Section
- Defense Research Institute
- HELP Detroit
- Obtained summary disposition on behalf of trucking company by arguing that the company was not responsible for an employee’s intentional act and that the company was not obligated to search an employee’s social media profiles prior to, and during, the course of employment.
Articles & Publications
- Bloomberg Law, 6.5.20
- Law360, 6.5.20
- The Journal of Insurance & Indemnity Law, 1.19
Wayne State University Law School, J.D., 2018
Albion College, B.A., Economics and Management, cum laude, 2015
- Michigan, 2018
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, 2018
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan, 2018