Mr. Krippner represents dozens of manufacturers in product liability and toxic tort matters throughout the United States. His current responsibilities include retention as trial, local, regional and national coordinating counsel. Mr. Krippner also has considerable experience defending general product liability, professional liability, medical malpractice and construction matters. At Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney, Mr. Krippner currently serves as Co-Chair of the firm's Asbestos Practice Group. He has served on the firm's Executive, Marketing and Budget Committees during a period of growth from one local office, to offices in Chicago, Austin, Detroit, Jersey City, New York, Philadelphia, and St. Louis.
- Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society
- Dean's List, University of Illinois
- Phi Eta Sigma Society for Academic Excellence
- Selected for inclusion in the Illinois Super Lawyers list (no more than 5% of lawyers in the state are selected), nominated and selected by peers in the legal community (2005-2006, 2009-2017)
- Recognized as an Illinois Leading Lawyer (a designation limited to less than 5% of all lawyers licensed to practice law in Illinois), nominated and selected by peers in the legal community (2012-2017)
- Law Bulletin, "2004 40 Under Forty"
- Fox Valley Red Cross "an outstanding volunteer of the decade" (1989)
Professional & Civic Involvement
- American Bar Association
- Champaign County Mental Health Center, Counselor and Trainer (1985-1986)
- Cook County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- DePaul University, Peer Advisor (1990)
- Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney, Board of Directors (2003-Present)
- University of Illinois Peer Advisor (1987)
- West Bucktown Community Association, Legal Affairs, Vice President (2003-2004)
- Achieved a compromise verdict of $134,500 in damages for a wire and cable manufacturer after electrician plaintiff alleged that its product had exposed him to asbestos, causing him to develop mesothelioma. The original plaintiff request was $13 million.
Published Appellate Opinions
Kurrack v. ADT
- Asbestos Litigation Conference Co-Chair Tim Krippner Featured in The Madison-St. Clair Record and Chicago Daily Law Bulletin3.22.13
- Segal McCambridge Shareholders Tim Krippner and Yasmin Mancini To Speak at EECMA Spring 2010 Conference3.4.10
- Four Segal McCambridge Shareholders To Speak at Perrin's Asbestos Litigation Conference in September6.30.09
- Segal McCambridge Shareholder Timothy Krippner To Chair HB Litigation Conferences' "Emerging Trends in Asbestos Litigation"3.6.09
- Chicago Shareholder Timothy Krippner Co-Chairs Perrin Cutting Edge Issues in Asbestos Litigation ConferenceBeverly Hills, CA, 3.6.17
- New Orleans, LA, 11.10.16
- Segal McCambridge Shareholders to Chair and Speak at Perrin Cutting-Edge Issues in Asbestos Litigation ConferenceBeverley Hills, CA, 3.16.15
- Segal McCambridge Shareholders William Mahoney and Timothy Krippner To Speak at Perrin Risk Conference in London3.27.12
- Segal McCambridge Shareholder Tim Krippner to Co-Chair Perrin Asbestos Conference. Shareholders Christian Gannon, Catherine Goldhaber and William Mahoney to Speak.1.4.12
- Segal McCambridge Shareholders Catherine Goldhaber and Timothy Krippner to Speak at DRI's Asbestos Medicine Seminar6.30.10
Panelist, "Broader Perspectives: National, Trial Team and In-House Views," Perrin Conferences Mid-Atlantic Asbestos Litigation Conference (January 28, 2015).
Co-Chairman, Perrin Conferences, "Cutting-Edge Issues in Asbestos Litigation," Beverly Hills, CA (March 17-18, 2014).
Co-Chairman, Perrin Conferences, "Cutting-Edge Issues in Asbestos Litigation," Beverly Hills, CA (March 18-19, 2013).
AIRROC Membership Meeting, "Emerging Issues: Hydrofracking, Nanotechnology, Genetically Modified Organisms, and Climate Change," New York, NY (July 19, 2012).
Panelist, Perrin Conferences, "Emerging Risks On Dual Frontiers: Perspectives on Potential Liabilities in the New Decade," "Emerging Risks - The Perennial Contenders," London, England (April 12-13, 2012).
Co-Chairman, Perrin Conferences, "Cutting-Edge Issues in Asbestos Litigation," Beverly Hills, CA (March 1-2, 2012).
Co-Chairman, Perrin Conferences, "Cutting-Edge Issues in Asbestos Litigation," Beverly Hills, CA (March 3-4, 2011).
DRI's Asbestos Medicine Seminar, "Asbestos Medicine 101 - Fiber Types, Causation, Expert Selection and Preparation" (November 11, 2010).
Emerging and Environmental Claims Managers Association (EECMA) Spring 2010 Conference & Seminar, "Importing Toxic Torts - The 'Great Wall' FROM China" (May 12-14, 2010).
Co-Chairman, Perrin Conferences, "Cutting-Edge Issues in Asbestos Litigation," Beverly Hills, CA (February 25-26, 2010).
Featured Speaker, Perrin Conferences, "California Asbestos Litigation Conference," San Francisco, CA (July 17, 2009).
Co-Chairman, HB Litigation Conferences, "Emerging Trends in Asbestos Litigation Conference," Beverly Hills, CA (March 9-11, 2009). To see a video clip of Mr. Krippner speaking at this conference, please click here.
Co-Chairman, HB Litigation Conferences, "Emerging Trends in Asbestos Litigation Conference," Beverly Hills, CA (March 3-5, 2008).
Co-Chairman, Mealey's National Asbestos Litigation Conference, "The New Face of Asbestos Litigation," Washington, DC, (February 9, 2007).
Mealey's National Asbestos Litigation Conference, Boston, MA, "Friction Amongst Parties - The Debate Over Chrysotile And Short Fibers" (September 18-19, 2006).
Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, "Parties to Product Liability Cases," Handbook of Product Liability Practice (1999, 2003).
"Toxic Torts 101," Mealey's Publications (2002).
DePaul University, Chicago, J.D. (1990)
University of Illinois, Urbana, B.A. (1987)
- Illinois, 1990
- Missouri, 2008
- Texas, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois, 1991
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1990
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois, 1991
- U.S. District Court of Nebraska, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 2008