Joseph James Gianetti is a trial attorney who focuses his practice on defending toxic tort, product liability and commercial litigation matters throughout New York and New Jersey. He is experienced in all stages of litigation and regularly helps clients devise and implement resolution strategies. Having worked for several judges in both federal and state courts, Joseph possesses an unparalleled comprehension of the judicial system which aids him in effectively advocating for his clients.
In the role of National Coordinating Counsel for a Fortune 500 corporation, Joseph manages the organizations litigation throughout the United States, counsels on case-specific and global risk, prepares corporate and expert witnesses for depositions, and coordinates discovery efforts.
Joseph is also a literary agent who negotiates Publishing Agreements and counsels authors on copyright and subsidiary right issues. He is a Certified Court Evaluator in the State of New York, a Qualified Mediator in the State of New Jersey, and has taught CLE courses on Social Security Disability, Supplemental Security Income and pro bono work.
Prior to joining Segal McCambridge, Joseph served as a Law Clerk for the Hon. Marybeth Rogers, J.S.C. During law school, he was a John Marshall Harlan Scholar associated with the Diane Abbey Law Center for Children and Families, and served as an Original Content editor for the New York Law School Law Review.
- John Marshall Harlan Scholar, affiliated with Diane Abbey Law Center for Children and Familie
- Michael Tondel Scholar
- Robert R. Rosenthal Award for excellence in New York Practice
- Max Reich Award for excellence in Civil Trial Advocacy
- New York Law School’s Elder Law Clinic
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Hudson County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- The Honorable Marybeth Rogers, J.S.C., Superior Court of New Jersey, Hudson County Vicinage, Civil Division (2013 - 2014)
New York Law School, J.D., cum laude, (2013)
Montclair State University, B.A., magna cum laude, (2009)
Lorenzo de’ Medici, Florence, Italy
- New York, 2014
- New Jersey, 2013
- U.S. District Court, District Court of New Jersey, 2013