Showing 1 post by Dinesh U. Dadlani.
Fowler v. Union Carbide Corporation, et al.: Defendant's Summary Judgement Reversed on Appeal in New Jersey Asbestos Case
Late last week, the Appellate Division of the Superior Court of New Jersey handed down a reversal of summary judgment in an action sure to get the attention of asbestos defendants in the region who rely on similar offerings in moving for summary judgment. In an unpublished opinion, the Court in Fowler v. Union Carbide Corporation, et al.(Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division, Docket No. A-2300-15T4), relied on, and hence gave credence to, limitations earlier courts have placed on the ‘substantial factor’ test used to determine if defendant’s product caused plaintiff’s disease. More »
- Another BIPA Violation Alleged in Illinois
- LIFE SCIENCES CLIENT ALERT: United States Supreme Court holds that the judge, not the jury, makes pre-emption determination in failure-to-warn pharmaceutical cases.
- Michigan No-Fault Reform Update
- Missouri Joinder/Venue Reform Bill Heading to Governor for His Signature
- Seventh Circuit Appellate Briefs Filed in Southwest Airlines Biometric Case Involving Collective Bargaining Agreements
- An Examination of the Illinois Insurer-Insured Privilege: What is Protected and What is Discoverable?
- Litigation is Expensive; Consider Mediation Instead.
- Product Liability: Effective Litigation Tools and Techniques
- PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY CLIENT ALERT: Opioid Litigation - The Practitioner's Guide to Managing the FDA's 2019 Roadmap
- Driver Fatigue: A Leading Cause of Accidents and Death in the Transportation Industry
- Professional Liability
- Class Action
- Insurance & Reinsurance Litigation & Counseling
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Coverage
- Cyber Risk & Liability
- Toxic Tort
- Professional Development
- Construction Litigation & Counseling
- Medical Negligence & Healthcare Liability
- Product Liability
- Discrimination, Harassment & Hostile Workplace Claims
- Pharmaceutical & Medical Device Litigation
- Social Media & Privacy
- Employment Litigation & Counseling
- Workers' Compensation