Showing 1 post by Dinesh U. Dadlani.
Fowler v. Union Carbide Corporation, et al.: Defendant's Summary Judgement Reversed on Appeal in New Jersey Asbestos Case
Late last week, the Appellate Division of the Superior Court of New Jersey handed down a reversal of summary judgment in an action sure to get the attention of asbestos defendants in the region who rely on similar offerings in moving for summary judgment. In an unpublished opinion, the Court in Fowler v. Union Carbide Corporation, et al.(Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division, Docket No. A-2300-15T4), relied on, and hence gave credence to, limitations earlier courts have placed on the ‘substantial factor’ test used to determine if defendant’s product caused plaintiff’s disease. More »
- Placebo Effect: How Illinois’ COVID Tort Immunity Fails to Immunize Medical Professionals and the Healthcare Industry
- Canela V. Sky Chefs – How To Make A Light Duty Offer
- If at First You Do Not Succeed, Try Again Immediately: Illinois Passes Revised Pre-Judgment Interest Statute
- Green Development Risks
- A Question of Timing: Policy-Limit Demands and Insurer Bad Faith in Florida
- CUBI: Everything You Need to Know About Texas' Biometric Law and Beyond...
- Prejudgment Interest Starting as Early as the Time of Injury? At a Rate of 9% Interest? A Bill Sits on Illinois’ Governor’s Desk.
- Now That Vaccine Distribution Has Begun, What Issues Do Employers Face?
- Immunity From Liability For Healthcare Facilities and Healthcare Professionals in the Continuing Battle Against the Covid-19 Pandemic
- A National Approach to Biometric Privacy
- Professional Liability
- Class Action
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Insurance & Reinsurance Litigation & Counseling
- Insurance Coverage
- Cyber Risk & Liability
- Toxic Tort
- Professional Development
- Product Liability
- Pharmaceutical & Medical Device Litigation
- Medical Negligence & Healthcare Liability
- Social Media & Privacy
- Employment Litigation & Counseling
- Construction Litigation & Counseling
- Workers' Compensation
- Discrimination, Harassment & Hostile Workplace Claims