Showing 2 posts by Erich J. Gleber.
The risk of a cyber-attack is ubiquitous, and a cyber-event can result in legal and financial liabilities that can cripple an affected organization. Recognizing the ever growing threat of cyber-crime, the New York State Department of Financial Services (DFS) recently unveiled the Proposed Cybersecurity Requirements for Financial Services Companies, a proposed set of cybersecurity regulations for banks, insurers and financial institutions aimed to protect both institutions and individuals from cybersecurity events. Compliance with the regulations is mandatory. The regulations, which take effect January 1, 2017, seek to protect customer information as well as institutions’ information technology systems by requiring covered entities to assess their cyber risk, to implement programs and policies to address that risk, and to continually monitor these systems. This alert will cover the ins and outs of the new regulations including what you can do today. More »
The New York Court of Appeals held today that “the manufacturer of a product has a duty to warn of the danger arising from the known and reasonably foreseeable use of its products in combination with a third-party product which, as a matter of design, mechanics, or economic necessity, is necessity to enable the manufacturer’s product to function as intended.” More »
- Another BIPA Violation Alleged in Illinois
- LIFE SCIENCES CLIENT ALERT: United States Supreme Court holds that the judge, not the jury, makes pre-emption determination in failure-to-warn pharmaceutical cases.
- Michigan No-Fault Reform Update
- Missouri Joinder/Venue Reform Bill Heading to Governor for His Signature
- Seventh Circuit Appellate Briefs Filed in Southwest Airlines Biometric Case Involving Collective Bargaining Agreements
- An Examination of the Illinois Insurer-Insured Privilege: What is Protected and What is Discoverable?
- Litigation is Expensive; Consider Mediation Instead.
- Product Liability: Effective Litigation Tools and Techniques
- Driver Fatigue: A Leading Cause of Accidents and Death in the Transportation Industry
- PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY CLIENT ALERT: Opioid Litigation - The Practitioner's Guide to Managing the FDA's 2019 Roadmap
- Professional Liability
- Class Action
- Insurance & Reinsurance Litigation & Counseling
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Coverage
- Cyber Risk & Liability
- Toxic Tort
- Professional Development
- Employment Litigation & Counseling
- Workers' Compensation
- Construction Litigation & Counseling
- Discrimination, Harassment & Hostile Workplace Claims
- Medical Negligence & Healthcare Liability
- Product Liability
- Pharmaceutical & Medical Device Litigation
- Social Media & Privacy