Product Liability: Effective Litigation Tools and Techniques
Segal McCambridge Chicago Shareholder Paul Wojcicki and Chicago Associate Dan Ahasay spoke on "Product Liability: Effective Litigation Tools and Techniques" for a Knowledge Group webinar on Thursday, April 4, 2019.
Mr. Wojcicki and Mr. Ahasay focused their presentation on three key areas impacting products liability litigation: the need to effectively tell your client’s story at trial; understanding and applying amended FRE 702’s reliability standard, and an introduction to the Reptile Theory being employed by plaintiff’s nationwide. They offer insights and practice tips for developing persuasive trial presentations, effectively advancing and defending against “Daubert” arguments, and avoiding being consumed by the Reptile. Over 95% of the webinar attendees rated the presentation as excellent.
Key Topics Include:
- Element of effective story telling
- Insights into reaching the “Millennial Juror”
- Effective use of media at trial
- The core principles underlying amended FRE 702
- Preparing for an encounter with The Reptile
Click to see the full "Product Liability: Effective Litigation Tools and Techniques" PowerPoint.
- Michigan No-Fault Reform Update
- Missouri Joinder/Venue Reform Bill Heading to Governor for His Signature
- Seventh Circuit Appellate Briefs Filed in Southwest Airlines Biometric Case Involving Collective Bargaining Agreements
- An Examination of the Illinois Insurer-Insured Privilege: What is Protected and What is Discoverable?
- Litigation is Expensive; Consider Mediation Instead.
- Driver Fatigue: A Leading Cause of Accidents and Death in the Transportation Industry
- PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY CLIENT ALERT: Opioid Litigation - The Practitioner's Guide to Managing the FDA's 2019 Roadmap
- Attorney Termination of the Attorney-Client Relationship in New York
- New Developments for Michigan Employers
- Professional Liability
- Class Action
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurance & Reinsurance Litigation & Counseling
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Cyber Risk & Liability
- Toxic Tort
- Professional Development
- Pharmaceutical & Medical Device Litigation
- Social Media & Privacy
- Employment Litigation & Counseling
- Workers' Compensation
- Construction Litigation & Counseling
- Medical Negligence & Healthcare Liability
- Product Liability
- Discrimination, Harassment & Hostile Workplace Claims