Product Liability: Effective Litigation Tools and Techniques
Segal McCambridge Chicago Shareholder Paul Wojcicki and Chicago Associate Dan Ahasay spoke on "Product Liability: Effective Litigation Tools and Techniques" for a Knowledge Group webinar on Thursday, April 4, 2019.
Mr. Wojcicki and Mr. Ahasay focused their presentation on three key areas impacting products liability litigation: the need to effectively tell your client’s story at trial; understanding and applying amended FRE 702’s reliability standard, and an introduction to the Reptile Theory being employed by plaintiff’s nationwide. They offer insights and practice tips for developing persuasive trial presentations, effectively advancing and defending against “Daubert” arguments, and avoiding being consumed by the Reptile. Over 95% of the webinar attendees rated the presentation as excellent.
Key Topics Include:
- Element of effective story telling
- Insights into reaching the “Millennial Juror”
- Effective use of media at trial
- The core principles underlying amended FRE 702
- Preparing for an encounter with The Reptile
Click to see the full "Product Liability: Effective Litigation Tools and Techniques" PowerPoint.
- New Michigan DIFS Order Raises More Questions for Auto Insurers
- Proposed Hours of Service Rules: Balancing Safety and Economy
- Ninth Circuit Holds BIPA Class-Action Plaintiffs Have Article III Standing
- PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY CLIENT ALERT: Attorney Liability Under the FDCPA
- Five Words & Phrases Defense Attorneys Should be Mindful of in Trucking Litigation
- CYBER RISK CLIENT ALERT: BIPA Cutbacks Stalled in Springfield - For Now.
- PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY CLIENT ALERT: The Development of Michigan's Attorney Judgment Rule
- Another BIPA Violation Alleged in Illinois
- LIFE SCIENCES CLIENT ALERT: United States Supreme Court holds that the judge, not the jury, makes pre-emption determination in failure-to-warn pharmaceutical cases.
- Michigan No-Fault Reform Update
- Professional Liability
- Class Action
- Insurance & Reinsurance Litigation & Counseling
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Coverage
- Cyber Risk & Liability
- Toxic Tort
- Professional Development
- Construction Litigation & Counseling
- Discrimination, Harassment & Hostile Workplace Claims
- Medical Negligence & Healthcare Liability
- Product Liability
- Pharmaceutical & Medical Device Litigation
- Social Media & Privacy
- Employment Litigation & Counseling
- Workers' Compensation