Product Liability: Effective Litigation Tools and Techniques
Segal McCambridge Chicago Shareholder Paul Wojcicki and Chicago Associate Dan Ahasay spoke on "Product Liability: Effective Litigation Tools and Techniques" for a Knowledge Group webinar on Thursday, April 4, 2019.
Mr. Wojcicki and Mr. Ahasay focused their presentation on three key areas impacting products liability litigation: the need to effectively tell your client’s story at trial; understanding and applying amended FRE 702’s reliability standard, and an introduction to the Reptile Theory being employed by plaintiff’s nationwide. They offer insights and practice tips for developing persuasive trial presentations, effectively advancing and defending against “Daubert” arguments, and avoiding being consumed by the Reptile. Over 95% of the webinar attendees rated the presentation as excellent.
Key Topics Include:
- Element of effective story telling
- Insights into reaching the “Millennial Juror”
- Effective use of media at trial
- The core principles underlying amended FRE 702
- Preparing for an encounter with The Reptile
Click to see the full "Product Liability: Effective Litigation Tools and Techniques" PowerPoint.
- In Defense of Long-Term Care Facilities: Immunity, and What to do if There is Not Any
- Changes to Punitive Damages Coming to Missouri
- Retro-Fitting Reservations: The Re-Opening of Restaurants Amidst the COVID-19 Crisis
- Florida's Religious Re-Opening: Guidance For Faith Based Institutions To Mitigate Liability In Epidemic/Pandemic Events
- The Future of E-Cigarette Litigation: Is There One?
- Re-Opening States and Businesses and the Role OSHA May Play
- COVID-19 Pandemic Negligence Claims Update: Developing Legal Immunity for Health Care Professionals
- Michigan Governor Signs Executive Order Cutting Red Tape for Motor Carriers During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Will Drug and Medical Device Manufacturers Combating COVID-19 be Subject to Tort Liability?
- Malpractice Mitigation: Utilizing Professional Standards as a Defense to Claims of Negligence in Epidemic/Pandemic Events
- Professional Liability
- Class Action
- Insurance & Reinsurance Litigation & Counseling
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Coverage
- Cyber Risk & Liability
- Toxic Tort
- Professional Development
- Medical Negligence & Healthcare Liability
- Employment Litigation & Counseling
- Product Liability
- Social Media & Privacy
- Construction Litigation & Counseling
- Workers' Compensation
- Pharmaceutical & Medical Device Litigation
- Discrimination, Harassment & Hostile Workplace Claims