Showing 1 post in Professional Development.
Attorneys like to tell stories. They may be of an employee, injured by a piece of machinery or of a patron who fell on the sidewalk outside an office building. The protagonist and themes differ, but the story gets easier to tell as the story evolves through investigation and discovery. Generally speaking, the facts uncovered make for exciting storylines: a cheating husband looking for a payday in a consortium claim; a politician suing a family-owned business which happens to be owned by one of his constituents; a motorist simply wanting an apology from a fellow motorist who ran a red light but sued instead. Who hasn’t been amused or upset or saddened by any number of the stories that you’ve come across as a civil litigation attorney? More »
- Placebo Effect: How Illinois’ COVID Tort Immunity Fails to Immunize Medical Professionals and the Healthcare Industry
- Canela V. Sky Chefs – How To Make A Light Duty Offer
- If at First You Do Not Succeed, Try Again Immediately: Illinois Passes Revised Pre-Judgment Interest Statute
- Green Development Risks
- A Question of Timing: Policy-Limit Demands and Insurer Bad Faith in Florida
- CUBI: Everything You Need to Know About Texas' Biometric Law and Beyond...
- Prejudgment Interest Starting as Early as the Time of Injury? At a Rate of 9% Interest? A Bill Sits on Illinois’ Governor’s Desk.
- Now That Vaccine Distribution Has Begun, What Issues Do Employers Face?
- Immunity From Liability For Healthcare Facilities and Healthcare Professionals in the Continuing Battle Against the Covid-19 Pandemic
- A National Approach to Biometric Privacy
- Professional Liability
- Class Action
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurance & Reinsurance Litigation & Counseling
- Cyber Risk & Liability
- Toxic Tort
- Professional Development
- Discrimination, Harassment & Hostile Workplace Claims
- Pharmaceutical & Medical Device Litigation
- Product Liability
- Medical Negligence & Healthcare Liability
- Social Media & Privacy
- Employment Litigation & Counseling
- Construction Litigation & Counseling
- Workers' Compensation