Mr. Hart has tried more than 280 cases before various administrative agencies, judges and juries. Mr. Hart has represented Fortune 500 companies, cities, universities, hospitals, physicians groups, and individuals in civil and criminal matters. Mr. Hart has litigated complex commercial, products liability, medical malpractice, workers' compensation, general liability, professional liability, probate and criminal matters. In addition, he has experience with maritime law, including the Jones Act and the U.S. Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act representing shipping concerns and waterway terminal owners. Mr. Hart has argued cases before the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, the Michigan Court of Appeals and the Illinois Appellate Court.
- Recently received summary disposition in favor of commercial real estate client for $424,000 and an award of attorney fees in dispute over taxes, rent and promissory note.
- Recently obtained EEOC dismissal of sexual discrimination charge for large Detroit manufacturer employer.
- Recently obtained EEOC dismissal of sexual discrimination charge/gender bias charge on behalf of a Michigan employer.
- Represents the parent company of V1 Golf, the #1 video analysis software in sports and maker of the V1 Golf app, which has filmed over 9 million golf swings.
- Recently obtained a zero case evaluation award and dismissal on behalf of general surgeon and hospital clients in a medical malpractice death case.
- Received a $1.99 million dollar judgment against the City of Chicago on behalf of an injured Fire Department trainee.
- Represents the inventor of the world's first biodegradable water bottle made from corn and winner of IBWA 2005 Aqua Award.
Michigan State University, B.A., 1992
Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., 1995
State of Illinois, 1995
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1995
U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 1999
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Trial Bar, 2000
U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 2001
State of Michigan, 2006
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2006
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC INVOLVEMENT
American Bar Association
Chicago Bar Association
Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
Michigan State Bar
Workers' Compensation Lawyers Association
Loyola Consumer Law Reporter (n/k/a Loyola Consumer Law Review), Editorial Board
Loyola Consumer Law Review, Advisory Board