Mr. Turlik has extensive trial experience defending a wide variety of cases including asbestos, products liability, construction, professional malpractice and criminal matters throughout the United States. He has obtained liability defense verdicts for his clients in numerous cases with multi-million dollar damage verdicts. He has been recognized for his ability to successfully resolve difficult cases and situations. His clients include major multi-national corporations, insurance companies, local businesses individuals, "mom and pop" outfits and individuals.
Mr. Turlik's trial experience led him to be selected as regional coordinating counsel for a major asbestos defendant. In that role, he supervised cases throughout the eastern portion of the United States overseeing all stages of the litigation in his jurisdictions, developing national litigation strategies, working closely with his corporate and local counsel, developing and presenting expert witnesses and engaging in national settlement negotiations.
Mr. Turlik joined Segal McCambridge as a shareholder in 2003. Prior to joining Segal McCambridge he was a partner at another Philadelphia firm and an Assistant Defender with the Defender Association of Philadelphia.
Married with two grown daughters, Mr. Turlik lives in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Prevailed in a contested motion for summary judgment in a one-share asbestos case.
- Negotiated a pre-discovery dismissal for an asbestos defendant in multiple cases.
- Received a not guilty verdict in a multi-count criminal case.
The University of Akron, B.A. (Political Science), 1978, magna cum laude
The University of Akron, J.D., 1981
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court, Third Circuit Court of Appeals
SPEECHES AND PUBLICATIONS
- "The Courtroom Status of the Polygraph," 14 Akron Law Review, 133 (1980).
- HarrisMartin's Philadelphia Asbestos Litigation Conference, Philadelphia, PA, "Equipment Manufacturer Liability" (April 2, 2009).
- HarrisMartin's Florida Asbestos Litigation Conference, Miami, FL, "MDL - Friend or Foe and its Future" (March 26, 2009).
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC INVOLVEMENT
Pro Bono volunteer
MARDOC Steering Committee, Member, MARDOC National Multi-District Litigation (2009-2011)
St. Peter's School, Board of Trustees
The Lawyers Cooperative Publishing Company and Bancroft-Whitney Company Award for Criminal Law