Megan Grossman practices in the areas of products liability, general liability, commercial liability and pharmaceuticals litigation and regulation.
- Drafted appellate brief in an OTC pharmaceutical (nasal spray) products liability matter which resulted in the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals affirming the U.S. District Court's decision to grant summary judgment on behalf of the pharmaceutical manufacturer. Read the District Court's decision here.
- Has helped defend other product liability cases including a construction accident case, a case for a component part distributor, golf car products liability cases, a class action lawsuit involving a flood, and a medical device case involving a patient lift manufacturer.
- Defending a compounding pharmacy in a wrongful death/medical malpractice action.
- Defending a roofing products manufacturer in warranty claims actions.
- Defended multiple charter schools in special education matters, including due process complaint hearings pursuant to the IDEA.
- Successfully defended a licensed auto tag and title-issuing agent in Philadelphia accused of negligently providing registration documents and a license plate which was later attached to a vehicle involved in a catastrophic accident involving a death, a paralysis, and personal injury.
Lehigh University, B.S. (Molecular Biology), 1996
Drexel University, M.S. (Biomedical Engineering), 2000
Villanova University, J.D., 2003
New Jersey, 2003
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC INVOLVEMENT
American Bar Association
Defense Research Institute, Drug and Medical Device and Women in the Law Committee Member
Pennsylvania Bar Association, former Civil Litigation Section Council Member
Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney, Diversity Committee
SPEECHES AND PUBLICATIONS
- "What Every Compounding Pharmacy Should Know About Two Recent Initiatives: The Compounding Clarity Act and The Drug Quality and Security Act," Segal McCambridge Client Alert (October 2013).
- Contributing Editor, LexisNexis Practice Guide: Pennsylvania Personal Injury Litigation (2012 Edition, LexisNexis Matthew Bender).
- Dispute Resolution Institute's Personal Injury Potpourri, "e-discovery in 'Garden Variety' Tort Cases," Philadelphia (April 7, 2011).
Selected for inclusion in the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars list (no more than 2.5% of lawyers in the state under the age of 40 are selected), nominated and selected by peers in the legal community (2008, 2013)