Mr. Krippner represents dozens of manufacturers in product liability and toxic tort matters throughout the United States. His current responsibilities include retention as trial, local, regional and national coordinating counsel. Mr. Krippner also has considerable experience defending general product liability, professional liability, medical malpractice and construction matters. At Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney, Mr. Krippner is a member of the firm's Board of Directors and has served on the firm's Executive, Marketing and Budget Committees during a period of growth from one local office, to offices in Chicago, New York, Philadelphia, Austin, Texas, New Jersey, Baltimore and Detroit.
University of Illinois, Urbana, B.A., 1987
DePaul University, Chicago, J.D., 1990
U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois, 1991
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1990
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois, 1991
U.S. District Court of Nebraska, 2001
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2005
U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 1991
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 2008
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC INVOLVEMENT
American Bar Association
Champaign County Mental Health Center, Counselor and Trainer (1985-1986)
Cook County Bar Association
Defense Research Institute (DRI)
DePaul University, Peer Advisor (1990)
Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney, Board of Directors (2003-Present)
University of Illinois Peer Advisor (1987)
West Bucktown Community Association, Legal Affairs, Vice President (2003-2004)
SPEECHES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, "Parties to Product Liability Cases," Handbook of Product Liability Practice (1999, 2003).
- "Toxic Torts 101," Mealey's Publications (2002).
- Co-Chairman, Perrin Conferences, "Cutting-Edge Issues in Asbestos Litigation," Beverly Hills, CA (March 18-19, 2013).
- AIRROC Membership Meeting, "Emerging Issues: Hydrofracking, Nanotechnology, Genetically Modified Organisms, and Climate Change," New York, NY (July 19, 2012).
- Panelist, Perrin Conferences, "Emerging Risks On Dual Frontiers: Perspectives on Potential Liabilities in the New Decade," "Emerging Risks - The Perennial Contenders," London, England (April 12-13, 2012).
- Co-Chairman, Perrin Conferences, "Cutting-Edge Issues in Asbestos Litigation," Beverly Hills, CA (March 1-2, 2012).
- Co-Chairman, Perrin Conferences, "Cutting-Edge Issues in Asbestos Litigation," Beverly Hills, CA (March 3-4, 2011).
- DRI's Asbestos Medicine Seminar, "Asbestos Medicine 101 - Fiber Types, Causation, Expert Selection and Preparation" (November 11, 2010).
- Emerging and Environmental Claims Managers Association (EECMA) Spring 2010 Conference & Seminar, "Importing Toxic Torts - The 'Great Wall' FROM China" (May 12-14, 2010).
- Co-Chairman, Perrin Conferences, "Cutting-Edge Issues in Asbestos Litigation," Beverly Hills, CA (February 25-26, 2010).
- Featured Speaker, Perrin Conferences, "California Asbestos Litigation Conference," San Francisco, CA (July 17, 2009). (To see a picture of Mr. Krippner at the conference with Lindsey Perrin-Hee and Shep Hoffman, click here.)
- Select Panelist, Perrin Conferences, "Asbestos Litigation Conference: A Comprehensive National Overview and Outlook," San Francisco, CA (September 14-16, 2009).
- Co-Chairman, HB Litigation Conferences, "Emerging Trends in Asbestos Litigation Conference," Beverly Hills, CA (March 9-11, 2009). To see a video clip of Mr. Krippner speaking at this conference, please click here.
- Co-Chairman, HB Litigation Conferences, "Emerging Trends in Asbestos Litigation Conference," Beverly Hills, CA (March 3-5, 2008).
- Co-Chairman, Mealey's National Asbestos Litigation Conference, "The New Face of Asbestos Litigation," Washington, DC, (February 9, 2007).
- Mealey's National Asbestos Litigation Conference, Boston, MA, "Friction Amongst Parties - The Debate Over Chrysotile And Short Fibers" (September 18-19, 2006).
PUBLISHED APPELLATE OPINIONS
Kurrack v. ADT
Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society
Dean's List, University of Illinois
Phi Eta Sigma Society for Academic Excellence
Recognized as an Illinois Super Lawyer (representing the top 5% of all attorneys in the State of Illinois), nominated and selected by peers in the legal community (2005-2006, 2009-2013)
Law Bulletin, "2004 40 Under Forty"
Fox Valley Red Cross "an outstanding volunteer of the decade" (1989)