From design, construction and leasing disputes to insurance coverage, environmental liability and a struggling economy, those in the real estate marketplace are facing challenges that require counsel from attorneys who understand all aspects of real estate and can handle virtually any dispute should it arise.
Representing commercial and residential property owners, occupiers, purchasers, developers, investors, property managers and brokers, municipalities and property insurers, Segal McCambridge offers comprehensive counsel and dispute resolution services. Our lawyers regularly represent clients before administrative agencies and in federal and state courts at all levels throughout the United States. We also resolve disputes through strategic and effective use of early dispositive motions, targeted discovery and alternative means, including mediation, arbitration and negotiated settlement.
Among the many issues we have handled are:
- Architect and designer liability
- Commercial, residential, industrial and mixed-use property purchases and sales
- Condominium-developer disputes
- Construction and design defects
- Developer/contractor disputes
- Environmental liability and remediation obligations
- Insurance coverage and liability claims
- Landlord-tenant matters
- Leasing disputes
- Licensing and permitting
- Personal injury claims and premises liability
- Real estate development
Cost-Effective, Cutting-Edge Representation
Segal McCambridge offers flexible fee structures tailored to the client’s specific needs, such as hourly, fixed, contingency, and hybrid fee arrangements. Employing cutting-edge technology, we cost-effectively litigate even the most complex, document-intensive cases and keep our clients informed with regular progress reports.
Recognizing the high cost of litigation, we offer clients proactive advice and risk mitigation strategies, enabling them to avoid potential liability. From environmental clean up obligations, insurance requirements, substandard construction and personal injury claims to regulatory compliance guidance, we provide comprehensive counsel on the many and varied issues impacting our clients.
- "Handling Combustible Landlord/Tenant Relationships"IREM Michigan Chapter 5, 17199 N. Laurel Park Drive, Ste. 230, Livonia, Michigan, 10.27.16
- Executive Meeting Center- Southfield Town Center, Detroit, MI, 6.18.15
Articles & Publications
- Understanding Landlord Tenant Lease Agreements, Winter 2016